This position can sit in Culver City, CA; San Francisco, CA; Atlanta, GA; New York, NY
Want to build the future of live audio? Join Amazon's newest mobile app, Amp, where anyone can host live radio shows with the music they love. Currently in beta in the US, Amp's evolving how people discover and share music. Create a show, call-in, or bop along to some tunes – no subscription, additional hardware, or editing needed. Your mix. Your mic.
Key job responsibilities
As part of an agile team, you will be working in a startup atmosphere while being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company. Amp is on the bleeding-edge of consumer-facing products, where every team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. We build systems that will be distributed around the world, spanning mobile apps and voice-forward experiences on Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa. Amp products support our mission of delivering audio entertainment in new and exciting ways that creators and listeners will love.
You are a critical, inventive thinker with clear design chops covering a diverse range of design work. You must think like an entrepreneur - able to pitch to and find comfort in big rooms, with impressive creative and business people, yet also able to kindly and empathetically work hands-on with and motivate teams and agencies to bring work to life. As well, you must think like an strategic, visionary leader - seeing the patterns in the music industry, in customer behaviors, and in our work and translate successful insights into scalable, repeatable programs that could be nimbly tailored and translated for new contexts.
A day in the life
• Lead the development of designs for your Amp's brand and marketing initiatives
• Work closely with the Brand and Marketing teams, and collaborate with designers within your team and outside of your team
• Lead with your design vision, propose strategies and identify design milestones. This role has a high emphasis on autonomy and execution
• Share your findings team & org wide and solicit feedback from stakeholders to further develop your vision
• Foster a team of designers and animators, and collaborate with other creative partners
• 10+ years of design experience
• An available online portfolio
• 5+ years experience with consumer apps and experiences
• Demonstrated strong skills in finding clarity in ambiguity by working & collaborating with other designers, researchers, product managers and engineers
• Excellent design strategy and vision setting skills by being comfortable with establishing big picture & long term vision and being able to identify and establish milestones to achieve these goals
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4zn2q-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.