Principal, Music Growth, Amp
New York, NY
We are looking for a Sync Licensing Professional to join our Content Acquisition Team. The individual will manage relationships and negotiate terms on branded commercial uses of music, and streamline administrative functions with partner teams. The Content Acquisition Manager will be challenged to close deals efficiently and will be world class at project management. Our ideal candidate will have a proven ability to manage sync licensing projects, negotiate license agreements, and deliver results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Key job responsibilities
• Act as central point of contact between Amazon Music and Amazon teams seeking to use music in branded advertising and marketing campaigns/content.
• Negotiate fees and material terms to obtain sound recording and/or composition approvals for audio and lyric based synchronization/marketing requests for Amazon Brands.
• Negotiate standard sync license terms with labels and publishers, and escalate with the corresponding Legal team as needed.
• Work with partner teams to facilitate payments and obtain internal signatures on licenses.
• Streamline music asset approvals to maximize benefit to Amazon and advise teams on best practices for the use of music based assets/utterances.
• 5+ years of experience in an account management, licensing or business development role
• Experience using Tableau and Excel
• 5+ years content acquisition or sync licensing experience
• BA/BS required
• Track record of managing a large number of account relationships and deals simultaneously, ideally related to media/entertainment
• Ability to understand and analyze contract terms, and close deals at a fast pace
• Sound business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management
• Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-starter who is customer obsessed, detail-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player
• Understanding of various licensing structures and associated fees
• Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; ability to respond rapidly to evolving priorities and opportunities
• Experience working in the music industry or other related digital content acquisition roles
• Global contact base with music labels and publishers
• Passion for music and digital media
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxq4no-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.
Amazon Music reimagines music listening by enabling customers to unlock millions of songs, podcast episodes, and thousands of curated playlists and stations with their voice. Amazon Music provides unlimited access to new releases and classic hits across iOS and Android mobile devices, PC, Mac, Echo, and Alexa-enabled devices including Fire TV and more. With Amazon Music, Prime members have access to ad-free listening of 2 million songs at no additional cost to their membership. Listeners can also enjoy the premium subscription service, Amazon Music Unlimited, which provides access to more than 75 million songs and the latest new releases. Amazon Music Unlimited customers also now have access to the highest-quality listening experience available, with more than 75 million songs available in High Definition (HD), more than 7 million songs in Ultra HD, and a growing catalog of spatial audio. Customers also have free access to an ad-supported selection of top playlists and stations on Amazon Music. All Amazon Music tiers now offer a wide selection of podcasts at no additional cost, and live streaming in partnership with Twitch. Engaging with music and culture has never been more natural, simple, and fun. For more information, visit amazonmusic.com or download the Amazon Music app.