We are open to hiring this role in New York, New York or Los Angeles, California.
About Amazon Music
Amazon Music is looking for a creative and organized Audio Content Manager that will own the end-to-end production and operations for Amazon Music's new listening experience, DJ Mode. The Audio Content Manager must have a strong Editorial sense for what makes a best in class listening experience for music fans, drawing on best practices from across the audio media spectrum, including podcasts as well as internet and terrestrial radio. Working back from that, the Audio Content Manager will provide editorial oversight of audio content on a station level, manage day-to-day workflows with contributing talent and external production resources, and coordinate with multiple internal teams. They will also drive scripting, help drive ongoing improvement of tooling, and define production processes. The Audio Content Manager will analyze usage reports and work with tech and content teams to adjust features and content as needed, as well as perform quality assurance work in partnership with those tech teams to ensure content is appropriately configured for production deployments, content updates and fixes.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Key job responsibilities
* Drive creative and production for a world-class listening experience, using internal and external resources
* Manage production timelines and processes
* Test and measure to ensure the experience maintains Editorial relevance
* Project manage workflows with internal and freelance stakeholders
* Collaborate with other internal teams, including tech and artist/label relations to ensure that content remains timely and best-in-class
* 5+ years of experience in a creative production role developing a customer facing audio program or experience
* Music subject matter expertise and/or experience collaborating with artists and industry on world-class content
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* A track record of developing processes and production calendars or timelines
* Experience working with multiple teams / stakeholders
* Track record of producing world-class, entertaining audio content from the idea stage to post-production
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn9205-44-192-114-32-42 in your application.