Senior Rendering Engineer
Job Title:Senior Systems Administrator
As a Senior Systems Administrator you will be responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, administration, and the development of recovery procedures for critical services and our technology infrastructure at Raven Software. You will serve as a technical expert on the team, supporting operating systems, compute/storage/networking infrastructures, and a range of applications. This position will serve as an escalation point for members of the team to bring issues to, offering coaching and mentoring opportunities to others. You will be enabled to recommend the redesign and configuration of systems and applications as technology advances or issues arise. This role will work closely with all disciplines within the studio as well as IT teams at our Corporate offices, partner studios, and Central Technology. Ultimately, you will ensure our software, hardware, servers, and networks run smoothly.
Your day-to-day priories will be supporting the core studio information technology services by managing the operations of our infrastructure, monitoring system performance, configuration of equipment and services, and the maintenance repair. Given the nature of our environment, you will occasionally be available to work off-hours to deal with serious outages or to respond to immediate problems.
As a member of the IT team, you will also be responsible for managing and maintaining remote computing systems and services, as well as any internal tools utilized by Raven Software; (Jira, Confluence, Office, etc.). You will not only manage helpdesk tickets, but are expected to help us exceed client expectations, map and deliver critical timelines, maintain standards, and manage assets. Our teams and game state changes rapidly so you must have an innate sense of urgency while having the ability to multi-task and prioritize to be successful. You will be responsible for working and tracking cases from beginning through resolution and performing software and hardware configuration across diverse platforms.
• Bachelor's degree preferred, Associate's Required or
• Friendly, customer focused and top-level support a must
• 5+ years experience in Information Technology roles with a focus on infrastructure administration.
• Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, and Office 365
• Extremely comfortable in both Windows and Linux environments
• Familiar with various storage technologies with a strong foundational knowledge of storage principals.
• Advanced understanding of network protocols and technologies (e.g. DNS, DHCP, VLANs, LACP, etc.)
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Willingness to learn new technologies to support company growth.
• Strong experience with hypervisor/virtualization technology (e.g. vSphere & KVM).
• Excellent communication skills to interface with various business partners and leadership
• "Can-do" attitude with a desire to learn
• Organizationally savvy to handle multiple business priorities simultaneously and prioritize and complete work within stringent deadlines
• Ability to travel on an as-needed basis
• Industry certifications (MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, VCP, etc.)
• Previous experience in similar roles in the video game or technology industries preferred
• Passion for or curiosity about video games
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.