The WPVI-TV Broadcast Systems Specialist candidate will be involved in the installation, troubleshooting, and support of the infrastructure and systems within the broadcast facility. The candidate must have a passion for broadcast engineering/IT and be comfortable with current media technologies, concepts, and emerging trends (i.e. Media over IP, Cloud Computing, etc.).
• Installation, configuration, and daily maintenance/troubleshooting of broadcast systems
• Provide operational support for end-users; respond to help desk tickets and calls
• Interface with third-party vendors and support technicians
• Lead, execute, and complete projects as directed by management
• Adhere to Disney policies and best practices in a broadcast environment
• All other duties as assigned
Basic Qualifications :
• Possess strong engineering, IT/networking, and troubleshooting skills.
• Have experience with RF equipment such as broadcast transmitters, microwave equipment, etc..
• Demonstrate excellence in documentation and system drawing.
• Have excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
• Be a self-starter and able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment, working both independently and as a part of a diverse team.
• Be project-oriented, organized, and able to show a list of previously executed projects from concept to completion.
• Demonstrate the ability to pivot and manage to change priorities and tight deadlines.
• Be willing to expand their knowledge with emerging broadcast industry concepts/technologies.
WPVI-TV is a 24/7 operation and the candidate may be required to work non-traditional shifts, weekends/holidays, and be willing to be on call and/or work extra hours as needed. The candidate should be able to lift and carry equipment as necessary.
Preferred Qualifications :
• AutoCAD and Visio software
• Automated Production Control software
• Broadcast Automation Systems and related equipment
• Newsroom NRCS/MAM Systems
• Adobe Creative Software Products
Preferred Education :
• A degree in a technical related field, appropriate certifications, and/or equivalent experience.
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
This position is with WPVI Television (Philadelphia), LLC, which is part of a business we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
WPVI Television (Philadelphia), LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8017q-44-192-38-248-42 in your application.