Lead Brand and Strategic Marketing Technician
Senior Traffic Specialist, ABC OTV Central Traffic Operations
This position will report to the OTV Traffic Team Copy Manager. The Senior Traffic Specialist should be developing a well-rounded traffic background, and should embrace cross-training in other traffic functions. The primary responsibilities will be to assist in the general oversight of the copy team, as well as support to the inventory and programming teams. The Senior Traffic Specialist will work with the ABC OCTO managers as a steering committee for the overall goals and direction of the department, as well as work with all specialists to mentor/train when necessary.
The success of the Senior Traffic Specialist will be measured by accuracy of logs, quality control of incoming broadcast materials, achieved best practices, and improved standardization in WideOrbit. The Senior Traffic Specialist will not have direct reports, but will work closely with the management team to lead.
The Senior Traffic Specialist should have a desire to move into management level on the OTV Traffic team, as well as provide a superb level of customer service to the ABC OTV stations and outside clients. The Senior Traffic Specialist will work closely with the OTV management team to uphold a high standard of excellence.
• Act as team lead and work closely with the Copy Manager on daily coverage and special assignments
• Onboard and train new employees, as well as crosstrain with other team members
• Review of incident tickets, and troubleshoot copy issues
• Testing new WO software
• Position will report to the OTV Copy Manager, but will be accountable to other managers as well. Daily requirements can include special assignments in other departments as required.
• Position is full time and paid at hourly rate, 40 hours per week. Shifts will be M-F, and could fall between the hours of 8am-8pm ET.
Overtime or weekend coverage may be required, but with notice.
• Minimum of 2 years of traffic experience.
• Experience in multiple traffic functions is ideal, but willingness to train.
Operational knowledge of promotions and master control functions is preferred.
• Familiarity with broadcast sales protocol, and has exceptional standards and expectations for accurate information on logs.
• Ability to communicate effectively, especially via phone and email.
• WideOrbit experience desired, but knowledge of other traffic systems considered.
• Excel, Word, and PowerPoint experience required.
This position is located at WPVI-TV in Philadelphia, PA. EEO/M/F/V/D/GI/SO
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.