Los Angeles, CA
Senior Writer/Producer Promos (Walt Disney Television)
Walt Disney Television is seeking a Sr. Writer/Producer Promotions for Jimmy Kimmel Live. The Sr. Writer/Producer should inspire the rest of the team with their concepts and their command of the art of promotion and marketing.
The Sr. Writer Producer Kimmel is responsible for working with strategy and creative teams in developing and creating all video assets to promote Kimmel including nightly episodics (Mon – Thurs), generic spots, targeted spot, sizzle reels, brand campaigns, shoot spots.
The Sr. Writer Producer deeply engages with show team and program executive on weekly calls to align on priorities, messaging, guests, etc. Ideally this role integrates with Kimmel show staff who oversee Kimmel social media accounts to further refine marketing messages/asset on the social accounts.
• Write and produce short form/promo content for broadcast
• Utilize writing skills and present multiple concepts for each assignment
• Stay ahead of the curve on current industry trends and competitive scheduling and creative
• Pitch ideas or campaigns and participate in brainstorming meetings
• Work with research and marketing to understand target demos
• Communicate concepts to graphics designers, composers, storyboard artists, etc. and supervise execution
• Responsible for leading and executing ideas and concepts that are relevant, innovative and push the envelope
• Shoot and Direct talent on location
• Consistently produce work that meets and exceeds objectives
• Serve as a creative problem solver on network schedule changes and last minute communications
• Minimum 8+ years of experience writing and producing spots for a broadcast or cable television network, a movie trailer house or an ad agency.
• Working knowledge of editing systems and workflows
• Experience supervising editing sessions and directing the editor
• Ability to effectively direct voiceover talent
• Ability to creatively problem solve
• MUST be able to work on multiple projects at once
• MUST be able to work under pressure, to tight deadlines and manage own time
• Have excellent time management skills
• Has an understanding of marketing concepts and brand management
• Understands the target demo and how to speak to them
• Understands all phases of pre-production, production and post-production
• Demonstrates excellent people skills
• Demonstrates strong work ethic
• Ability to develop credibility and strong working relationships in a complex organization
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Advanced degree in Visual Arts or advertising
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4k35v-3-238-96-184-42 in your application.