The Media Production Support Specialist is responsible for the support and development of the Editing, Streaming, Graphics and live production facilities in New York. This encompasses the evaluation and build of new technology solutions, assist with or coordinate project tasks and provide technical support for the content creation of ABC News daily broadcasts, digital live stream and delivery to streaming partners and VOD. The Media Production Support Specialist interfaces with all levels of Management and Production in the fast paced highly creative environment the revolves around live breaking news and creating long form content for streaming platforms.
You are a go getter, able to work under minimal supervision, always asking why and wanting to learn more. You are engaged and understand that broadcast news is not a Monday thru Friday 9-5 kind of job. A team player who understands and lives the value that we are better together. You love to geek out, but have the ability to explain highly technical things to non-technical people. Your writing skills are on point and know your way around Visio. You have experienced a live News broadcast environment and understand contribution and distribution, file routing, transcoding, storage, and how virtualization, automation and cloud are shaping the industry.
• Strong ability to plan/develop, install and manage a variety of systems specific to editing and graphics creation.
• Knowledge and experience with transcoding multi format media.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills – combine critical thinking, logic, analytic reasoning, research and experience.
• Knowledge of signal processing, transport and broadcast transmission equipment.
• Experience working in a live broadcast environment.
• Strong computer/networking knowledge – including VLAN's, Layer 2 & 3, IP addressing, route tables, domain administration, cloud computing.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical people.
• Self-starter who works well with minimal supervision.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
• Flexible work hours, we are a 24/7 facility with evening, weekends and holidays work hours.
• Works well under pressure.
• Team player.
Technical/Vocational school training or certificate or degree in Engineering, Computer or Electronic Technology
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4wk8y-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.