ABC News is hiring an Executive Director Development, Integrated Content Strategy to identify development opportunities for ABC News. This person will develop ideas, stories, and concepts that align with the editorial and distribution strategies set forth by the Senior Vice President, Integrated Content Strategy
We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, who thrives on non-fiction storytelling and embraces unconventional thinking. We are seeking an experienced news and multiplatform executive for this position, who will represent ABC News in the support of all aspects of culturally diverse non-fiction development and distribution. This person will collaborate internally with editorial partners across the news division and with content studios across all segments of The Walt Disney Company and outside partners. The Executive Director will play a critical role in the overall strategic approach for original programming for ABC News.
This role reports directly to the Senior Vice President, Integrated Content Strategy.
• Execute on the development strategy as defined by the SVP, Integrated Content Strategy to develop and distribute unique and compelling culturally diverse non-fiction/news content for the ABC Network, Disney owned platforms, and third party partners
• Track, solicit, evaluate, procure, and develop culturally diverse non-fiction/news multi-platform programming from pitch to pilot
• Create pitch packages (including decks and sizzles) and present to internal and external partners
• Generate new show ideas/concepts and field pitches from inside and outside producers, talent agencies, studios and independent production companies
• Partner with Executive Editorial Producer and broader Integrated Content Strategy team to develop content strategy and original concepts
• Collaborate with Audience Insights, Marketing and other internal departments to generate audience performance data and custom research in support of audience development goals across all show and platforms and new initiatives.
• Work closely with BA and production teams on deal strategy and production matters
• Secure new and unique partnerships in collaboration with production team & Identify IP (including books and formats) for the division to option and develop
• Work closely with the SVP, Integrated Content Strategy to implement creative and audience development strategy in all capacities
• Minimum ten (10) years of work experience developing or leading the production of non-fiction longform documentary style content distributed on a broadcast, cable, or streaming network
• Must demonstrate past experience developing and delivering pitches to internal executive teams and third party partners
• Experience managing a portfolio of content with a demonstrated track record of developing buzz worthy, commercially successful, critically acclaimed content
• Demonstrated knowledge of the creative process from concept through production
• Strong existing relationships with the creative community and production companies, agents, writers, directors, producers, etc.
• Demonstrated creative and development skills
• Self-motivated to develop new ideas and build new talent relationships
• Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of management
• Ability to multitask and manage complex projects
• Proven ability to work across a matrixed organization while also able to self-motivate
• Experience producing news content at a network, cable, or large market with a focus on culturally diverse storytelling
• Experience developing or leading the production of content for mutliplatforms
• Track record of developing and growing brands/franchises within media, entertainment, or news
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rejo00-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.