The Walt Disney Company's New York Legal Affairs Department is seeking an Associate Principal Counsel to report to the Assistant Chief Counsel, Legal Affairs, New York. This position will support the following clients: ABC News, ABC Audio, ABC News Long Form Unit.
The primary responsibilities include preparing and negotiating all agreements for the clients, including, without limitation, talent, production services, program license, license, distribution, releases, vendors, equipment leases, venue/location, third party materials licenses, syndication, sponsorship and promotion, non-disclosure/confidentiality, technology; and radio network affiliation. The position is also responsible for counseling the clients regarding trademark, copyright and other intellectual property issues and providing general deal structure and legal advice.
• Admission and good standing status in a state Bar association with the willingness and qualification to be Authorized House Counsel under Chapter 17, of the Rules Regulating The New York Bar
• At least five (5) years of legal experience
• Candidate must have experience drafting and negotiation various production contracts.
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven client relationship skills
• Must be team-oriented with a solution-oriented approach to legal issues
• Self-motivated, with outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to communicate complex concepts and issues effectively with all levels and management
• Ability to multi-task and work quickly and collaboratively under tight deadlines.
We offer a friendly and stimulating team-oriented professional environment. If you meet the above qualifications and thrive in a professional, fast-paced environment, we invite you to apply.
Previous experience as a production counsel preferred
• JD or equivalent
• Strong academic credentials
#legalaffairs #corp_media #li-jb3
About ABC News:
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business segment we call ABC News.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjvz70-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.