GMA Digital is hiring an Ecommerce Writer to pitch and write stories the support our ecommerce business. Reporting into the Managing Editor, GMA, this individual must have experience supporting a commerce editorial community and/or brand.
We are looking for someone who is tapped into the tools and trends that support a thriving ecommerce business. From writing daily stories, contributing to newsletters, and supporting broadcast commerce initiatives via digital stories, this position will pitch and write daily ecommerce stories. The Ecommerce Writer should be a clear writer, an experienced commerce curator and familiar with audience development tactics.
This role works collaboratively with the digital video and social teams to create complete multi-media packages that live across all of our platforms.
• Conceive, pitch, report and write multi-media ecommerce stories that engage digital audiences on a daily basis.
• Use ecommerce data to effectively inform commerce coverage
• Write articles and produce digital coverage around broadcast ecommerce segments
• Contribute to commerce newsletters
• Execute special coverage for special events, including seasonal shopping events
• Optimize content for SEO and different platforms
• Minimum 2 years of experience with ecommerce writing for a major brand
• Strong digital writing skills
• Excellent time-management, organizational and planning skills with an impeccable attention to detail.
• A willingness to work collaboratively across ABC News and take direction on all editorial decisions.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.