Production Safety Specialist
Los Angeles, CA
Digital Desk Producer (ABC News California)
Digital Desk Producers work directly with all ABC Newsshows, platforms and units to ensure effective newsgathering collaboration.AE's also take a proactive role in identifying and advocating for stories onbroadcast and digital shows.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Coordinating coverage of breaking and ongoing news stories across the ABC News division
• Assigning appropriate newsgathering staff to cover those stories, including correspondents, producers and digital journalists.
• Working with the Logistics Desk to ensure the operational, technical and ENG needs of the field teams are being met.
• Depending on one's shift and area of concentration, there are specific duties that are unique to individual Assignment Editors.
• Produce live segments, both in the field or in the studio or from remote network locations.
• Strong editorial background with a skill for finding unique and forward-looking stories.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, management potential, ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Must be willing to work various shifts in a 24/7 newsroom.
• Fluency in Social Media.
• Minimum 3 years work experience.
• Keen interest in wide range of current events.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in broadcast or digital newsroom
• Video shooting/editing skills
• Additional languages
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or equivalent in experience
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.