Vice President, Labor Relations
At ABC Entertainment, you'll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills … we are seeking an experienced attorney with strong transactional skills and entertainment background to be part of our Legal Affairs team.
Responsibilities will include drafting and negotiating agreements in connection with development, production, licensing, marketing, and promotion of television programs for ABC Entertainment. Clients will include such departments as Business Affairs, Creative, Current Programming, Production, Marketing, Publicity and Integrated Marketing.
Other responsibilities include:
• Supporting general marketing/publicity legal matters such as drafting and negotiating marketing agreements, advising on talent and other rights approvals, creative clearances, as well as the production of original promotional content.
• Handling a wide variety of projects and agreements, including acquisition, development and licensing of scripted and reality programming, late night, theatricals, movies-for-television, specials, indemnity and production services agreements, sponsorship agreements, marketing and promotional agreements and production of original programming.
• Providing analysis and advice in connection with legal issues, rights and obligations, deal structure, guild agreements, intellectual property matters, claims, clearances, audits and other matters arising out of the day-to-day operations of a national, commercial, free television network.
• Minimum of 5 years of law firm and/or in-house transactional experience, with some experience in entertainment legal (preferably television).
• Familiarity with licensing/production agreements and intellectual property law (copyright and trademark).
• Strong drafting, negotiating and analytical skills.
• Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to work under deadlines and execute efficiently against multiple, high-priority projects.
• Detail oriented, hard working, responsible team player.
• Ability to perform duties under minimal supervision while exercising discretion and independent, sound judgment.
• A professional, confident demeanor and an ability to work well with colleagues and to communicate effectively and positively with clients and all levels of management, including providing counsel to senior level executives.
• Demonstrated ability to problem-solve in a professional, creative and ethical manner.
• Positive attitude with strong interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and office-related software.
• Experience drafting/negotiating license, production services and/or marketing agreements at a Broadcast or Cable Television Network or Television Production Studio.
• JD or equivalent
• Admitted or eligible for admission to practice in California
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.