ABC4 Utah and Utah's CW30, (KTVX-KUCW), Nexstar-owned stations operating as a duopoly, is seeking a Promotion Producer as a member of the Creative Services Team. The Promotion Producer helps build awareness and an audience for the station's brands and programming – ABC4 News, ABC4 Utah, Good4Utah, Utah's CW30, MeTV and Good Things Utah. The producer must be skilled in broadcast television production, digital, social, mobile and outside marketing. The successful candidate will lead by example, encourage collaboration, collective brainstorming, and tirelessly promote the qualities that make our stations and programming Good4Utah.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Promotion Producer will convey excellence, creativity, constantly evaluate performance, motivate personal growth and consistently broaden their skillset.
• Assist with development of dynamic and strategic Annual Marketing and Promotional Plans.
• Assist with organization and development integrated multi-platform marketing campaigns.
• Produce, Shoot, Write and Edit Web, Social Media and Mobile Media promotional content.
• Innovate, grow and nurture audience engagement through digital and social media content and promotion.
• Develop, oversee, conceptualize and write station image promos, programming block promotion and station daily news and entertainment topical promotions.
• Oversee and develop multi-platform promotional contesting.
• Work with the Creative Services Director, News Director, General Manager and Sales Management to strengthen current revenue streams and develop new revenue opportunities.
• Remain current with innovative and leading-edge marketing resources, equipment, marketing strategies and trends.
• Assist with promotion of and execution of station events as necessary.
• Produce public service announcements and other assets for charitable organizations.
• Promotion Producer reports directly to the Creative Services Director.
• Other Duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills:
• Minimum of 2 years broadcast television marketing, promotion experience.
• Video production (videography shooting & editing) experience.
• Experience creating, writing and measuring integrated advertising campaigns.
• Experience with executing co-op spending campaigns and developing strategic, mutually beneficial and rewarding partnerships with network, syndication, radio and other parties.
• Integrated multi-platform marketing experience: Broadcast, Digital, Social Media, Mobile, and Outside Marketing Platforms.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize assignments, work under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Willingness to work late or early hours, holidays, weekends typical of a broadcast television and breaking news environment – whatever is necessary to achieve our marketing and revenue goals in a highly competitive market.
Physical Demands & Work Environment: The Promotions Producer must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Promotions Director must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and can handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4xkqv-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.