WOOD TV8 and ABC 4 West Michigan has a rare opportunity for a Lifestyle Co-Host with a passion for community! This role includes co-hosting WOOD TV8's daily lifestyle show eightWest and leading ABC 4's community brand, ''Live Local. Give Local.'' The ideal candidate will bring energy, passion, and creativity both on-air and behind the scenes to create engaging content that fits the brand(s). The station is looking for an individual who is self-motivated, organized, flexible and can think on their feet. We're looking for someone with proven interview skills, who is a great writer and can work well across departments (Creative Services, Sales & Production).
The role includes working with station clients to help bring their brands to life through TV and highlight their products, services, and philanthropic efforts. This position is perfect for someone who loves to work with people, has a great personality and on-air presence and who thrives in conducting in studio interviews and going on location for segments.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Serve as co-host of eightWest conducting interviews, live remote segments and on-location shoots as assigned
• Host and produce original lifestyle content for on-air and digital for ''Live Local. Give Local.'' brand
• Contribute original online content for abc4westmichigan.com
• Daily interaction with partners and community members to develop content and meet client goals
• Public appearances as requested by clients and other station partners
• Oversee scheduling of shoots and edits for Live Local. Give Local. Segments
• Identify content opportunities amongst lifestyle brands and digital platforms
• Participate, seek out and engage in station related events and charity events in public
• Promote stories on social media before, during and after on-air broadcast and shoots
• Previous on camera experience
• A college degree, Communications or Journalism major is preferred
• Excellent communication skills
• Client services skills are a must
• Detail oriented and self-managing
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Well organized, creative, professional, and high energy
• Skilled in small tech mobile shooting and editing
• Ability to work collaboratively with EP, producers, videographer & clients
Education/Experience: BS/BA from an accredited four-year university or related work experience
Training/Equipment: Must be proficient MS Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. ENPS experience preferred.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Position requires day-to-day multi-tasking as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority. Some nights/weekends required for special events.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
********* EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *********
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2k6p6-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.