Director, State & Local Government Relations
Los Angeles, CA
A24 is currently seeking an attorney to join our Business Affairs & Legal team to support our growing scripted & non-scripted TV businesses. We are looking for an entrepreneurial problem-solver with dealmaking experience across TV development, production and distribution.
• Structure, negotiate, and paper a high volume of TV development and production deals, including license agreements, producer agreements, writer agreements, director agreements, rights agreements and talent agreements
• Oversee and manage various aspects of scripted and non-scripted productions, working with a broad range of in-house personnel (e.g., creative, production, finance, etc.) and external counsel
• Serve as a business liaison with talent agencies, attorneys, networks, and other key collaborators
• Advise business executives in connection with deal strategies and a broad range of complex legal issues
• Partner with business and legal executives to design and implement best practices
• 5+ years of transactional experience working in a television business / legal affairs department and/or entertainment law firm
• J.D. with membership in good standing in NY and/or California bar
• Substantive working knowledge of television industry customs, practices and agreements, contract law and intellectual property rights
• Familiarity with production clearance issues and ability to advise with respect to copyright and trademark matters
• Solid expertise with respect to guild and union agreements, contracts, and intellectual property law
• Comfort managing and developing other team members over time
• Strong attention to detail, project management, time management, long-term planning skills and creative problem-solving abilities
• Excellent writing and presentation skills, including clear and effective written and verbal communication skills, negotiating skills, strong drafting abilities and a can-do, no job is too small, team attitude
• Professional individual who can build strong relationships, both internally and externally, and is able to comfortably interact with all levels of employees
• Ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities, pivot quickly, think practically and be solution-oriented
• Humble, diligent and resourceful
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g46nqz-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.
Based in NY and LA, A24 is the Academy Award-winning film and TV studio behind feature films such as Minari, Midsommar, Moonlight, Ex Machina, Uncut Gems, and this summer’s Zola and The Green Knight.