THE DIVISION'S STORY
Here in Corporate Communications, we believe in the importance of personal touch, and we value every consumer and their experience with us equally. We are the wordsmiths, problem solvers and occasional fire wardens of our industry, charged with finding the right platform for the right story. Through our tenacity, charm and ability to work collaboratively, we play a defining role in influencing how our viewers, product consumers and employees perceive and interact with the A+E Networks brand.
A+E Networks has a tremendous opportunity based in in Los Angeles for a creative, innovative, highly motivated PR expert to serve as VP PR for A+E Studios (AES). You are a strategic PR thought-leader who can help develop the communications vision and goals for A+E Studios. This position is multi-faceted and is responsible for managing the Awards process for the Studio and A+E Networks portfolio - A&E, The History Channel and Lifetime, including EMMYS, as well as executive submissions for industry honors. Reports to SVP PR, A+E Studios. From time to time, you may also write ratings releases for the A+E Networks.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Vice President PR, A+E Studios
• Identify, nurture and refine creative ideas and PR concepts. Build strategic communications strategies and campaigns to drive coverage and business goals in support of the Studio brand and its projects.
• Excellent writing ability is essential.
• Expertise writing, editing and distributing press materials, including announcement releases, bios, talking points, remarks, messaging and collateral materials to elevate the AES story. Ensure full written approvals from all key stakeholders, including executives, BA and legal.
• Provide thought-leadership and guidance to executives and partners.
• Develop and build relationships with AES production partners, showrunners, writers, directors, and actors and their representatives to facilitate development of announcements and campaign that align and drive interest for their Studio projects.
• Excellent media relationships with journalists and media influencers in both the entertainment, trade and consumer space.
• Collaborate regularly with SVP PR on all Studio projects and work together to amplify and maximize opportunities for A+E Studios executives and its project slate in all media.
• Possess and maintain strong contacts with publicists at outlets, including cable, streamers and networks, where we sell our projects.
• Prepare business leaders for media interviews, press events and speaking opportunities to ensure thought-provoking points of view are expressed to advance the Studios narrative.
• Produce, plan and oversee promotional activities, including industry and consumer events, festivals and panel opportunities.
• Collaborate with Studio marketing and across the A+E Networks to maximize publicity and/or promotional opportunities.
• Oversee major awards efforts for all A+E networks, including managing oversight of Emmy submissions and the FYC and Emmy events process with outside consultant and the Television Academy.
• Responsible for crafting Awards/Honor submissions for A+E Networks Executives in all major awards/honors programs throughout the year.
• Actively monitor competitive and media landscape, including social media to identify press and thought-leadership opportunities for our executives, secure stories with media and appearances at strategic industry events.
• Adept at understanding and experience with Social Media.
• Skilled at writing and distributing ratings releases.
• Promote a diverse and inclusive culture
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
You'll have the opportunity to put all your creativity and innovative spirit forth as a key member of the A+E Studios team. Your voice is integral to our success, and you will be part of a collaborative, supportive environment with likeminded people where all ideas are welcome and appreciated. And, you'll have lots of fun doing it.
• BA/BS Degree
• Minimum 8-10 years of experience in entertainment publicity, PR, Media Relations, Communications
• Cable, streamer or network and/or agency experience
• Excellent written, editing, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
• Proven track record of successful media placements
• Excellent media relationships with consumer and trade outlets
• Strong relationships with publicists at networks, cable and streamers
• A pro-active multi-tasker able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Highly collaborative
• Detailed-oriented and extremely organized, ability to prioritize adeptly
• Maintain awareness of competitive set
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
• Must have the ability to work independently, efficiently and be able to meet deadlines under strict time constraints
• Adept at technology and social media
• Ability to work remotely until our office reopening in early 2022
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq50p6-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.