Manager / Director, Deal Finance
New York, NY
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Most people don't realize the importance of the Finance department in keeping our business operating without hitches and delays. That's probably because we oversee many of the more quietly glamorous, back-office functions that drive our bottom line. We not only forecast, build and manage budgets, we also collect and analyze important data that helps leadership make the best decisions. All of this sounds exciting to you because you love numbers and spreadsheets, and especially love great entertainment.''
The VP of Procurement will build world-class procurement capabilities for A&E Television Networks, LLC (AETN), partnering with internal stakeholders and business unit owners to ensure they receive maximum value for every dollar spent. Primary responsibilities for the role include setting Procurement Strategy for the organization, building and executing effective sourcing processes, viz. Strategic Sourcing, Category Management, Procurement Analytics, Supplier Relationship Management, Capital Projects Sourcing, Contracts Management, Compliance and Transaction Procurement.
The role is also responsible for establishing the appropriate procurement organization structure to address business needs, while operating within defined budget parameters. The VP Procurement develops strong working relationships with the key senior stakeholders to support the development and execution of strategies. They will manage all critical stakeholder engagements and are accountable for the overall governance and successful delivery of all major sourcing strategies and procurement operations.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Category strategy collaboration and operational implementation:
• Lead the function to create value, drive continuous improvement, and provide realized savings by applying category management and strategic sourcing leading practices
• Assure good practice category management, strategic sourcing, and supplier management processes are executed timely and effectively across the organization
• Annually, and on an ongoing basis, establish category management strategy and a plan of action to achieve agreed to savings
• Lead the strategic sourcing process – identify needs, conduct pre-project planning, define projects, collect internal and external data, perform strategic analysis and identify opportunities, formulate procurement strategies and develop implementation plans
• Develop appropriate risk management strategies
Strategic sourcing activity and contract negotiation:
• Form, lead and facilitate cross-functional teams as applicable to execute the procurement process and plans; enable supplier selection and decision process; lead / facilitate contract development, negotiation and execution process
• Develop vendor onboarding process
• Lead continuous improvement initiatives for Contract Lifecycle Management
Supplier relationship management:
• Assure appropriate risk management strategies are established to maintain supply of required products and services
• Manage supplier performance issues in collaboration with relevant internal business customers
• Build formal Supplier Management processes and tools
Internal business stakeholder engagement and customer relationship management:
• Utilize market intelligence to anticipate opportunities, strategize and support the business in formulating solutions to address changing market needs
• Effectively network with senior business leaders to build Procurement's profile and engagement on key sourcing strategies, and provide support for resolution of procurement related issues
Business process and compliance:
• Establish and rollout Procurement policy and procedures
• Ensure Policy and Process Compliance
• Continually evaluate the business operational support needs and recommend organizational improvement opportunities and adjustments as appropriate
• Establish appropriate management reporting to support upward communication to enable effective reporting
• Identification of savings opportunities and validation of realized savings.
• Develop periodic reporting to division heads.
• Conduct regular reviews with the Vendor Governance Committee
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational financial solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new strategies and implement them where they make sense. In addition, you'll be able to build & manage strong relationships of cross functional partners that understand our business and are eager to push the envelope wherever possible. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A+E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Supply Chain or related disciplines required. MBA or Master's degree preferred
• CPM/CPSM, CSCP or equivalent certification – Preferred
• 10+ years relevant strategic and operational experience in a procurement organization
• Entrepreneurial spirit preferred; willing to roll up your sleeves
• Experience leading complex Program Management of major projects both on a local and regional basis
• Demonstrated achievement of results, including savings generation, improvements to supplier relationships, and improvements in service delivery desired
• Experience building and developing an organization from start – Preferred
• 5-10 years relevant experience in procurement – preferably in both strategic and operational roles; Media & Entertainment industry experience – a plus but not required
• Knowledge of procurement systems, processes and procedures
• Management skills in assessing and effectively resolving business issues
• Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal interactions and problem solving skills a must
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.