THE DIVISION'S STORY
Were you the first kid on your block to get a PlayStation? Did you foresee the day when movies could be filmed on a phone and TV shows could be viewed on a wristwatch? The Digital team is made up of just such visionaries and early adaptors. We dream up new ideas for gaming, apps, and SVOD initiatives and generate engaging online content for our owned and operated websites. But if all that tech talk makes you glaze over, there's always 45th & Dean, our in-house digital content storytelling hub. It's a collective of talented writers, editors, motion graphics artists and producers who create content across all social media platforms as well as support our Ad Sales and Distribution teams.
Our Editorial function, shared with Marketing, brings the voice, taste, and energy that brings our brands to life beyond linear.
The DevSecOpsQA team for A&E Digital media focuses on expanding the product capabilities for the US market. We are seeking a seasoned Quality leader with proven skills in building a top-notch quality engineering team. A hands-on tech lead with experience in defining processes and solutions for releasing high quality software in a fast-paced environment, experience in various automation tools and frameworks, and well versed with software development and release cycles.
You'll be instrumental in making test automation core to every product and feature in A&E consumer products. Over the next year, our team will shift from a heavy reliance on manual testing to being ''automation first'' and you'll help us get there. You'll build and maintain automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform (mobile, web, OTT) product that will be used to validate all aspects of the product. You will contribute towards the automation frameworks that work across a wide range of devices. You'll collaborate with Developers, Quality assurance (QA) engineers, Product Managers, User Experience Design, Technical program managers, and Customer Support groups and earn their trust with a dedication to team work, delivery, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners). You will bring to the team the technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals and practical experience building scalable software test infrastructure consisting of test automation, functional and non-functional test requirements.
You will be a domain-expert in consumer-facing experiences related to video services, will help lead the strategy and delivery of our test automation in the Video-space, and will facilitate releasing quality software with high confidence. The right person has recent hands-on ''in the trenches'' experience developing technical solutions, demonstrates a strong sense of collaboration in their work and professional relationships, clearly and thoughtfully communicates in their areas of expertise, empathizes with and advocates for the needs of customers, and loves mentoring others in their technical and professional development. If you are someone who effectively moves between high-level concepts and low-level execution, then this is a great role for you!
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Lead a team of Software Engineers delivering test automation, CI/CD solutions, and tools that empower our dev teams to ship new features/fixes to A&E's millions of customers
• Work closely with the engineering teams and architects to advocate for/facilitate testability within our applications
• Mentor team members to teach them technical and quality-related concepts to drive test coverage and overall product quality
• Collaborate with product managers and software developers in an open and creative way to define acceptance criteria and test strategies
• Provide day-to-day leadership and long-term career guidance to members of your team
• Use data to define metrics that provide visibility into the quality of A&E's services
• Identify and drive improvements in engineering methodologies to ensure industry-leading system quality and team efficiency
• Provide technical expertise and leadership throughout product life cycle. Identify gaps and drive improvements in processes, products and overall customer experiences. Represent team and drive initiatives cross-functionally.
• Excellent quality and release management skills.
• Overseeing the development and execution of test plans, monitoring and reporting on test execution and quality metrics
• Demonstrated ability to define and present metrics that help illuminate our quality and quality goals.
• Experience with performance and stress testing methods and frameworks.
• Familiar with implementing mobile device automation, emulation, and testing frameworks to support on-device testing.
• Bachelor's degree or the foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology, or a closely related field
• 2+ years in a technical leadership role leading a team of 3+ engineers and working with agile processes (E.g. Scrum, Kanban)
• Coding experience with automation framework such as Espresso, tools and services on Android/ ios devices
• Proficient with version control software (E.g. GitHub) and issue/project tracking software (E.g. Jira)
• Experience with software development/debugging tools (E.g. Postman, curl, Chrome Dev Tools)
• Experience with test suite/case/run management tools (E.g. Allure/ Zephyr, Xray, qTest, TestRail)
• Proven experience demonstrating analytical skills, reporting, leadership, focus on the viewer, and collaboration
• Strong time management skills
• Experience with and understanding of OTT media services, adaptive bitrate streaming (E.g. MPEG-DASH, HLS fMP4), multi-CDN switching, video codecs (E.g. H.264), encryption (E.g. MPEG-CENC), ad insertion (E.g. SCTE-35), DRM (E.g. PlayReady) and using ffmpeg/other audio/video/streaming libraries
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third-party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rooy0p-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.