Studio Operations Finance Business Partner
Los Angeles, CA
THE DIVISION'S STORY
A+E Networks is not in the television business. It's in the storytelling business. Our job is to bring consumers new ways to experience those stories. We get up every day excited to discover new talent, narratives and characters, and live for any chance to shepherd a great idea through development to air.
A+E Networks has an amazing SVP, Strategy & Operations opportunity. Work closely with the Studio President and Executive team to develop, evolve, and implement the strategy and day-to-day operations for A+E Studios (AES).
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
SVP, Strategy & Operations
• Assist with the development and implementation of the Company's strategy and business plans for A+E Studios through collaboration with the Studio's President and Executive (Creative/Production/Finance/BA) team and across AEN to ensure the long-term success of the Studio, and its related business units, including development and evolution of a scripted strategy for both owned networks and third party platforms. Continuously partner with President in managing and improving the overall operations of the Studio and strategically analyzing areas for growth. Serve ostensibly as the Chief of Staff to the President of AES. Author and create all executive communications, including regular updates for AEN President and executive team presentations.
• Collaborate with Finance in developing annual long-range plan, budget, and updating forecasts, including creation of presentations, in order to regularly evaluate business. Participate in monthly financial close update meetings with Accounting and Finance teams to monitor and contextualize business results.
• Create business and deal analyses through prior knowledge, experience and research to make recommendations to Executive, Business Affairs, Production, Sales, and Finance teams on business decisions (e.g. ultimate production scenarios, co-productions, license fee renegotiations, integrations, talent agreements).
• Work with Production, Production Finance, and Corporate Finance and Business/Legal Affairs to evaluate and adjust business practices, policies and procedures to optimize efficiency. Regularly update production schedules, evaluate production protocols and processes, monitor contractual payments, billing and invoice processes.
• Manage development budget and deal stages through collaboration with Creative, Business Affairs and Finance to optimize allocated budget and noting write-offs for the fiscal year.
• Maximize and grow ancillary revenue opportunities by working with Creative, Production, International, Distribution, Programming and Licensing teams in creating licensing and franchise management opportunities for owned IP. This includes early collaboration on projects and assistance with strategy. Collaborate with and update the marketing and publicity teams with the latest studio updates in order to continue to provide context and determine any actionable next steps.
• MBA or CPA with strategy, finance/business, or management consulting experience
• Minimum 10 years entertainment media business experience.
• In-depth knowledge of studio production business and overall content cycle: production process, production and corporate finance, studio business affairs, television landscape.
• Critical thinker who thrives in analyzing business issues and exploring solutions. Service-oriented, with ability to place ego aside and do what is best for the business.
• Ability to digest and process issues and confidently share ideas and provide feedback.
• Proactive executive with the ability to build consensus and influence, be diplomatic yet authoritative, and work collaboratively across a matrix organization structure and multiple stakeholders.
• Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills to keep colleagues, team members and other key players informed in a timely manner.
• Executive presence and excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with all personality types.
• Clearly understands the nature of working in a creative, entrepreneurial, corporate environment; Exceptional listening skills and ability to take the temperature or pulse of different constituencies and adjust style accordingly.
• Proven ability to prioritize and multi-task in a busy, dynamic, ever-changing environment; hands-on and purposeful.
• Possess a spirit of collaboration and transparency, with an openness to problem solving and exploring different options.
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.