Work Locations: With the exception of some select roles that have in-office requirements, A+E Networks operates on a flexible model that allows for remote, hybrid or full time in office work (in certain locales).
Office locations include New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Stamford, CT.
Our list of eligible states in which employees may work remotely includes: California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Production Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A+E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!
The Sr Technical Manager, Studio Operations serves as a technical manager for live, studio, Six West Media and other productions and events at A+E Networks. This position provides technical oversight, support, solutions, troubleshooting, and an in-house technical resource for A+E. This is opportunity is NOT a Line Producer, Production Manager or creative position as it laser focused on studio management.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO: Sr Technical Manager, Studio Operations
• Studio and technical manager for Studio 7E productions. Ensure all studio operations are functioning as planned. Maintain SOP's and documentation for the studio in concert with the engineering department. Manage studio crew and help operate technical gear as needed (audio mixers, video switchers, cameras, etc.). Serve as a customer service point person for Studio 7E. Prepare studio recorded media for various enterprise fulfillment: editing, distribution, and archive. For live shows, be a point person for the Stamford master control facility for transmission issues and any broadcast fixes for night-of repeats and west coasts feeds.
• Technical manager for remote productions, on-site and off-site corporate events. Corporate events can include: upfronts, ad sales meetings, town halls, special speakers or branded events to support a network or show (ie History Talks or HCon). Remote productions can include supporting Six West Media and other shows. Also, be available to manage crews and help to operate technical gear as needed (audio mixers, video switchers, cameras, etc.).
• Advise A+E on the technical aspects of productions. Represent A+E and liaise with production companies to ensure consistent operations and communication.
• Research and manage all Studio 7E and remote equipment and applications as it relates to keep the A+E Production Operations team ahead of the technical curve. Coordinate with engineering and vendors as needed.
• Studio 7E administrative oversight for office and building related tasks; security, temperature control, freight elevator use, cleaning, etc.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN: Sr Technical Manager, Studio Operations
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational technology solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new technologies and implement them where they make sense. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A+E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have) Sr Technical Manager, Studio Operations
• 5-7 years production technical management experience with a concentration on studio environments and an oversight of live events on all phases of the production process.
• Problem Solver: must be able to ''think on your feet'' and collaboratively create solutions with many other people from other departments and divisions under pressure with limited time.
• Decision-making and autonomy are keys to this role. You will be working often without any other management present and must have great instincts and quick-thinking ability for troubleshooting and resolution in order to achieve success.
• Ability to work flexible hours, per production needs.
• Working knowledge of various studio and remote audio, video, capture, and playback equipment as well as some post –production equipment.
• Ability to partner with various production clients to establish requirements and guide solutions.
• Proven management and organizational skills and an appreciation for workflows and process.
• Personable yet professional demeanor, must be customer service focused.
• BA or BS in Communications or equivalent vocational education is preferred.
Annual Pay Range: $96,629 - $127,389
Annual Incentive Target: 15.00%
The annual/hourly pay range displayed serves as a good faith estimate of the
minimum and maximum base pay range for this role. Compensation for the role will
be based on a number of different factors such as a candidate's qualifications, skills,
competencies, location, and experience. A+E offers a competitive total compensation
package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k matching, and a range of other benefits. Learn more at aenetworks.com/careers.
A+E Networks proudly provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants, and makes employment decisions consistent with this principle. The company's employment actions and decisions – including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, demotion, compensation, transfer, layoff, and termination – are made without regard to an employee's race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, alienage or citizenship status, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, family and medical leave status, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A+E Television Networks is a joint venture of the Hearts Corporation and The Walt Disney Company.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkye78-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.