THE DIVISION'S STORY
Were you the first kid on your block to get a PlayStation? Did you foresee the day when movies could be filmed on a phone and TV shows could be viewed on a wristwatch? The Digital team is made up of just such visionaries and early adaptors. We dream up new ideas for gaming, apps, and SVOD initiatives and generate engaging online content for our owned and operated websites. But if all that tech talk makes you glaze over, there's always 45th & Dean, our in-house digital content storytelling hub. It's a collective of talented writers, editors, motion graphics artists and producers who create content across all social media platforms as well as support our Ad Sales and Distribution teams.
Our Editorial function, shared with Marketing, brings the voice, taste, and energy that brings our brands to life beyond linear.
The Senior QA Engineer will be responsible for testing in a large variety of projects related to AETN websites, mobile and OTT applications, with a focus on video and video services. They will participate in Agile planning, including daily scrum calls, design, and backlog reviews. They will review all available requirements, and write, update, or maintain test plans, test cases, and regression testing documents, as required. They will be responsible for logging and tracking defects, and will work closely with developers, project managers, and product managers to ensure quality testing is taking place in a timely manner. The QA Engineer will be proficient with manual, functional, mobile and web-based testing best practices and techniques, and should also have familiarity with testing web services, database applications, and automated testing, with a heavy emphasis on video related testing.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Candidate will be responsible for testing all products built in-house and developed using third parties.
Candidate will be required to perform manual testing and become familiar with applications and testing tools.
Candidate should be familiar with different types of testing, including cross browser, responsive design, http monitoring, database validation, and others.
• 5+ years of demonstrated experience in a QA role
• Demonstrated experience in different project management methodologies, with a focus on Agile methodology.
• Experience in digital quality assurance; required experience in manual quality assurance
• HTML, JS, CSS
• Web CMS (Drupal/Wordpress or others)
• Working knowledge of databases and writing SQL queries
• Strong technical expertise related to testing web based and mobile applications
• Experience taking part in different project management methodologies
• Experienced with implementing QA best practices and tools
• Experience with video related applications
• Experience with data validation and migration testing
• Experience with web services or other backend services
• Strong communication skills
• Master's Degree
• 3+ years of experience in third party library integration (Analytics and Advertising) on the web and or mobile devices
• Strong familiarity with video related applications
• Proficiency with automated testing tool Selenium
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22mbm-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.