The majority of our employees will have flexibility that allows them to choose a predominantly remote, predominantly in-office, or hybrid setup. Our official in-office locations in the United States includes LA, NYC, Stamford, and Chicago, and we have several other states in which employees may work remotely if their role isn't one that requires them to be in or near the office. We value the health and safety of our people above all else, and our onsite attendance policies reflect that. If there is an on-site requirement for a role, it will be listed in the job description.
For those employees who would like to utilize our offices, full vaccination for COVID-19 is required for physical presence in A+E Networks workplaces. While A+E Networks will consider reasonable
accommodation requests regarding this policy in accordance with applicable law, such requests will not be considered until a conditional offer of employment is extended to a candidate. Applicants should not submit any medical or health information in connection with their application for employment.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Do numbers tell you stories? Can you relay complex information into impactful insights to non-researchers? Do you enjoy influencing business decisions by providing fact-based recommendations infused with intuition?
Our Research & Insights TEAM is compromised of wizards who practice the craft of ''art and science.'' We spend some of our time looking back at performance-but even more time looking forward making actionable recommendations for growing our business. We specialize in content, audience and revenue insights across all platforms. Come check out our pioneering work in predictive modeling, performance marketing and consumers insights.
The Sr Manager role supports the Sr Director of Social Video Analytics in generating data-led insights to grow revenue for the business. This person will partner hand-in-hand with the digital monetization team to provide feedback on performance and identify key opportunities, while also play a role in the integration of disparate social sources into a cohesive dataset.
The role provides a unique opportunity to work across brands and across social networks, including YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, and others. The Sr Manager should have knowledge of the social data ecosystem, including reporting tools and nuances of datasets. This role will work to better utilize A+E Networks' social data, provide insights, and create best practices for maximizing revenue, informing content development, and uncovering opportunities for growth. The role will also monitor industry trends and bring innovative perspectives to support the division's thought-leadership initiatives.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Produce data-driven insights to inform A+E Networks' social video monetization strategies
• Identify opportunities from existing archive of digital content to maximize revenue on social (mainly on YouTube, Facebook and Snapchat, but also including Twitter, Instagram and others)
• Create and maintain regular reporting to track video content performance across social channels, and provide recommendations to maximize revenue and ensure positive ROI
• Manage data sources, and come up with innovative methods of creating efficiencies in reporting, democratizing data throughout org, and connecting disparate datasets via Domo
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
As the media industry grapples with fragmentation and disruption, a key facet of Research is to be the driving force in helping their company capture, report on, monetize, and understand audiences. An opportunity lies in Research to work across divisions and departments to create a unified audience strategy and language that ensures that internal clients understand-and take advantage of-complex metrics. The key is giving the necessary context so that decisions can be made. Research is a central force within the broader organization in gaining an objective perspective for a wide array of complex questions. It may sound academic – and certainly there is a portion of the job that requires a love of learning – but the primary attribute that will bring you success is curiosity. For example, you'll gain a deeper understanding of what motivates someone to tune into a show, buy a product based on placement of an ad, become a fan on social media, or why certain types of programs are successful across regions of this country and abroad. Ultimately, each research candidate gets a better understanding of the rigor that goes into making business decisions by uncovering not boulders, but pebbles along the path to connecting to A+E Networks core asset, its content.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Minimum 6 years of data analytics experience in social media
• Must be comfortable working with large amounts of data in a data-intensive environment
• Analytical mindset with advanced-level skills with MS Excel
• Experience with social measurement platforms including but not limited to YouTube Analytics, Facebook Insights, Snapchat, Tubular, etc.
• Proficiency with a Business Intelligence platform such as Domo, or Tableau
• Experience with data implementation and familiarity with SQL a plus
• Bachelor's Degree preferably in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Data Science
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
This role will never feel like a 'job' if you are passionate about media content and the many ways it enriches people's lives, excited about research and the challenges of measurement in a multiplatform world, and infused with an entrepreneurial spirit. This is television, it's exciting! We are a small but mighty team within the A+E Research department, granted the opportunity to analyze and align many data channels to inform cohesive strategies for the future of our company.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8z41x-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.