Program Accounting Manager
New York, NY
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Most people don't realize the importance of the Finance department in keeping our business operating without hitches and delays. That's probably because we oversee many of the more quietly glamorous, back-office functions that drive our bottom line. We not only forecast, build and manage budgets, we also collect and analyze important data that helps leadership make the best decisions. All of this sounds exciting to you because you love numbers and spreadsheets, and especially love great entertainment.
A+E Networks has an amazing Senior Manager, Programming Payments opportunity in the Finance department.
Review and process all executed programming contracts for payment, including produced and acquired programming. Ensure that all payments are completed in a timely fashion per the agreements.
Coordinate with all stakeholders, including Legal & Business Affairs (L&BA), Programming teams and Accounts Payable to resolve any documentation issues and ensure timely execution of the contractual payments.
Provide processing updates to the L&BA team on all RUSH payment items and notify them when its paid. Oversee the Financial Analyst responsible for compiling all necessary documents for each programming contract and uploading them into the system for payment processing.
Conduct the weekly programming payment pipeline review with L&BA and the Programming teams.
Provide outstanding customer service to all client group.
Support the Senior Director in developing programming cash payment projections for the Budget and quarterly Forecasts.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Senior Manager, Programming Payments
• Review the processing of programming payments 60%
• Support the Senior Director in Preparing the Programming cash Forecasts 10%
• Review monthly programming cash reconciliation 10%
• Review all Programming Approval Committee (PAC) approved projects and oversee the establishment of each project as an obligation in the system 10%
• Develop best practices and workflow for the payment process 10%
• Bachelor's degree
• 7-9 years' experience working with contracts and interpretation of contractual terms
• Highly organized; ability to multi-task; managerial experience, detail oriented, accurate, strong written and verbal communication skills, experience interacting professionally with all levels personable
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
• BS or BA, Accounting
• Knowledge and use of database software, database management experience, SAP experience,
• Programming and/or media experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d220m2-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.