Director, Solutions Architecture
New York, NY
THE DIVISION'S STORY A+E's Technology team is deep-rooted in the heart of our business. We have great people and great technologies, and together we take on the toughest challenges. As innovators, we choose to iterate, pivot, and adapt quickly. We've reinvented the way A+E leverages technology to produce and sell world-class content. We've modernized our core solutions and embraced a cloud first approach. Perched on the virtues of our ''Technology Code'', we make technology better, create solutions together, and most of all, we have fun with it. Our team members are motivated individuals who help each other do remarkable things every day. Together we deliver best-in-class solutions that transform the way A+E works. If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, we want to hear from you!
Cyber Security is a growing team within the Technology division, charged with the protection of technologies, data, and content across the company. We support the company's media supply chain, as well as its corporate user base, and everything in between.
The team is implementing and standardizing new tools and processes in partnership with Operations, Infrastructure, and Engineering teams to ensure security is implemented effectively in everything we build. In this role you will interact regularly with these teams and own the direction and implementation of network and platform security standards and baselines. The Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer will span multiple domains including firewall recommendations, Windows and Linux security, Cloud Security, and interact regularly with Security Operations team to help with incidents and coordinate vulnerability remediations.
You will partner with other architects and engineers to make sure we are delivering best-in-class solutions that reduce the company's risk level and improve its capabilities. You should be able to work autonomously to manage your projects, and coordinate with others. As the Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer, we'll trust you to:
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Engage in projects that evaluate existing security infrastructure and propose changes alongside the architecture and engineering teams.
• Formally develop A+E security standards, procedures and processes.
• Maintain security systems and processes in order reduce risk to A+E systems and data.
• Assist with development and maintenance of scripts (e.g., Python, Ruby, etc.) to support our Security and DevOps initiatives.
• Administer and maintain systems, including some firewall support, network threat detection, web application firewalls, and cloud infrastructure security tools.
• Actively monitor for new threats, assess them and make recommendations to protect A+E computing environments.
• Identify deficiencies in current systems and recommend enhancements to align with our standards.
• Assist with incident response and system stability issues as they occur.
• Research capabilities of current and new disruptive technologies in the market and make recommendations to technology leadership.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You'll have an opportunity to build technology solutions & support core areas of the business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new technologies and implement them where they make sense. Finally, you will have an opportunity to be part of some major initiatives to revamp our security ecosystem, using things like Machine Learning technologies, Security Analytics platforms, Security Governance solutions, and pushing our data and systems to a more cloud centric environment.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• At least 5 years of cyber security or information security experience.
• At least 3 years of network and platform security experience.
• Experience helping to secure cloud environments like AWS and Microsoft Azure.
• Experience with firewall design and configuration, preferably with Palo Alto Networks.
• Experience with multiple computing platforms, including Network, Windows, Linux, etc.
• Experience helping meet security frameworks and privacy compliance requirements (ISO 27001, NIST CSF, GDPR, etc.).
• Demonstrate solid organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workloads and meet targets.
• Possess a high level of integrity, trustworthiness and confidence, and represent the A+E and the Cybersecurity team with the highest level of professionalism.
• Displays an analytical and problem-solving mindset.
Experience that would be helpful:
• Experience using Security Correlation and Analytics platforms like Splunk, ArcSight and the like.
• Experience deploying and maintaining endpoint security products like Cylance, Carbon Black, CrowdStrike, etc.
• Experience with User Behavioral Analytics platforms, like Splunk and Varonis.
• Works effectively with a variety of personalities and can adapt your approach to effectively reach and develop technology team members. Use this skill as well as your functional knowledge to both earn and maintain a high level of credibility with the team.
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.