New York, NY
THE DIVISION'S STORY A+E's Technology team is deep-rooted in the heart of our business. We have great people and great technologies, and together we take on the toughest challenges. As innovators, we choose to iterate, pivot, and adapt quickly. We've reinvented the way A+E leverages technology to produce and sell world-class content. We've modernized our core solutions and embraced a cloud first approach. Perched on the virtues of our ''Technology Code'', we make technology better, create solutions together, and most of all, we have fun with it. Our team members are motivated individuals who help each other do remarkable things every day. Together we deliver best-in-class solutions that transform the way A+E works. If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, we want to hear from you!
The Senior DevOps Engineer is a role on our Architecture, Cloud, and DevOps team. The goal of this team is to design best-in-class software, build infrastructure and applications on the cloud, and finally, provide a solid DevOps framework for development and infrastructure teams. The team is a group of engineers that love to solve problems with simple and elegant designs. They experiment and look into the latest technologies. Most importantly, they work as part of team, but also given the freedom to work autonomously to achieve the team's goals.
This job is a hands-on technical role. Your primary objective is to work with various A+E technology teams, gather requirements, design, build, and deploy solutions for A+E projects. In addition, this role will streamline A+E's operations and processes through the use of automation and scripting. Your day-to-day will consist of supporting and collaborating with teams from Application Development, Cyber Security, Infrastructure Services, Technology Operations, and more.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
We want all members of the team to show up every day with a passion for their job and care that it gets done well. We will want you to partner with the business and fellow technologists to make sure we are delivering best-of-class solutions that can make a real impact on our end users' day-to-day jobs. You should be able to work autonomously to manage your projects, while delivering on-time and on-budget. Key responsibilities include:
• Interact with technical leaders to develop innovative solutions that meet company and market needs with respect to availability, functionality, performance, reliability, repeatability, and scalability.
• Analyze business and technical requirements to determine system designs, potential risks and issues, and related costs for each project request, all based on best practices.
• Research, prototype, and inform on emerging technologies and tooling to improve the operability and user experience.
• Write Infrastructure as Code scripts and build automation using Terraform/Python/PowerShell/Chef/Ruby
• Maintain and enhance our CI/CD pipeline, Azure DevOps.
• Build independent web based tools, microservices and solutions in support of DevOps operations.
• Research, understand, and utilize various open source technologies that can aid our DevOps strategy.
• Support Project Management activities to ensure that resources, risk recognition, and planning stay aligned with solution goals.
• Work with Development teams to ensure solutions are being built based on software & infrastructure architecture.
• Research and participate in selecting and implementing 3rd party software that can be used to streamline Technology operations.
• Review various processes and workflows to make recommendations on process improvements as well as technology improvements.
• Participate in Architecture Review Board sessions to approve solutions and approve changes in architecture.
• Participate in service management processes including but not limited to: incident management, major problem reviews, change management, and continual improvement
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
The Technology team at A+E Networks is dedicated to finding ways to improve our business processes and work experience by innovating solutions. We care about the quality of our work, we take risks and we take ownership. We strive to work as a team, utilizing each other's strengths, doing what needs to be done and picking each other up as needed.
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues and engineers from across the enterprise. They will draw on your experience and strong knowledge to evolve and improve A+E technologies and solutions. We're hooked on researching new technologies and keeping up with the latest advances. We constantly push forward processes and solutions required to implement, support, transform in various technology areas like AI/Machine Learning, Big Data, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development, No Ops. Everyone on our team has both the breadth and depth to dissect and resolve even the most complex of problems.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent job career experience.
• Ten (10+) years of working experience in one or multiple IT areas.
• Cloud Solution Architect certification is a plus – Azure/ Amazon AWS/ Google.
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Chef)
• Experience in software development and design in .Net/Java/Python in any cloud platform
• Proficiency in scripting and automation with tools: Python, Powershell, Chef,
• Experience with Monitoring Solutions such as Cloudwatch, Datadog, Splunk
• Experience with IT infrastructure, databases and cloud platform concepts.
• Experience with Project and product management.
• Experience in Designing and Architecting the solution required for the product development with in DevOps
• Experience in CI/CD Framework with tools such as TeamCity, Go, Nuget, Azure DevOps Pipelines, Chef, Jenkins and GitHub.
• Experience with Media and Entertainment solutions a plus.
• Experience in Machine Learning and AI is a plus
• Deep knowledge of technology, SOA, agile methodology.
• Excellent Interpersonal and communication Skills.
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work collaboratively while leading various projects
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.