New York, NY
THE DIVISON'S STORY
Creative Marketing is more than just a team of specialist creatives. We are a quirky, diverse collective of tattooed collaborators and boundary-breakers. Known for pushing the limits of brave storytelling, we strive to develop fresh, distinctive ideas and award-winning campaigns that inspire loyalty and love for A&E, HISTORY and Lifetime. You see a twisted challenge in joining our creative rant sessions while maintaining your own point of view, and you aren't shy about sharing your more ''out there'' ideas that will bring in new audiences.
Position: Senior Art Director
Description: The Senior Art Director is a creative point in print, promotion, and marketing from concept to development across A&E, History & Lifetime projects.
Responsibilities: Coordinate with internal team members and departments to create high impact key art, brainstorm creative solutions and oversee projects in adherence with tight timelines while contributing to a positive, collaborative, highly creative and engaging work environment. Candidates should be well versed in managing design principles for both print and digital deliverables including:
• Key Art concepts and designs
• Press kits, packaging and promotional kits
• Logo design
• Branded collateral for Ad Sales, PR and Distribution teams
• Advertising for Print, OOH and Digital Advertising campaigns
* At least 5 years experience working for entertainment companies or other entertainment outlets in this capacity.
• Energetic, positive attitude, willingness to go ''the extra mile'' to deliver exceptional creative work
• Supportive team player with a willingness to learn from others and share their knowledge
• Must LOVE Entertainment (Reality, Scripted, Non-Fiction, Documentaries)
• Knowledge and interest in of pop culture, entertainment, social media and design trends
• Knowledge of trade television marketing/advertising
• Hands on ability to create key art and design projects from conception to completion
• Ability to elevate available imagery to create contemporary, premium and theatrical looking creative
• Experience in strategic brainstorming, campaign and creative brief development and creative executions
• Love of typography and the ability to generate custom type solutions
• Highly creative with a proactive approach to problem-solving
• Understanding and appreciation for the distinction between creative expression and commercial realities
• Ability to translate business objectives into impactful campaigns that increase awareness and viewership.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment with a high volume of design requests
requiring quick turnaround
• Demonstrated willingness to ''roll-up sleeves'' and pitch in, and inspire others on important projects
• Expert in Adobe Creative Suite software and industry standard programs and software
• Understanding of industry standard file formats and deliverables for both Print/Online Advertising
• Working knowledge of in pre-press, 4/color process and color theory • Strong time management, delegation and multi-tasking skills
• Experience executing and participating in the planning of live-action and photo shoots.
• Interactive/motion, digital ad banner experience a plus
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to identify complex design and production problems and offer solutions based on project resources
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through aetn.com to be considered
* Must be willing to work in New York, NY
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Must be 18 years or older
PDF or website samples of work
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.