A+E Networks has an amazing Rights Analyst opportunity in New York City providing support to the Global Rights/Legal & Business Affairs department.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Rights Analyst, Global Rights:
• Legal review and approval of all documentation (rights bible deliverables) for internal production entities and entry of deal terms into Rights Management databases. Programming will include internal productions, short form content, and podcasts.
• Counsel internal producers on how to cure deficient third-party licenses and coordinate with internal programming executives and other various business units to establish whether rights waivers should be granted.
• Perform detailed contract analysis on all third-party license agreements. Research use of public domain materials and perform initial risk assessment as to acceptability of non-standard licenses and releases. Flag fair use elements and present to production risk counsel for final review and sign-off.
• Review and approve rights bible deliverables and third-party agreements and enter all deal terms into the Rights Management database. Perform data transfer of third-party licensor rights information from rights bible submission portal to Rights Management database system and set up contract records accordingly.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to provide critical Global Rights solutions among internal stakeholders including Programming, Digital Production, International Sales, and Scheduling for programming and promotional assets to be used in all forms of advanced media and distribution initiatives including OTT, VOD, and TV Everywhere (TVE). Perform detailed legal review and analysis of third-party licenses and programming agreements while providing counsel to internal stakeholders and external producers regarding an evolving media rights landscape. Ensure accurate and timely review and approval of legal deliverables. Perform risk assessment on non-standard license terms and consult with production risk counsel on potential fair use and copyright claims. Analyze programming agreements for entry into Rights Management database. Communicate asset availability to various internal stakeholders. Support various departmental initiatives including: data integrity and quality control, early producer engagement and outreach regarding licensing standards and Network legal deliverables process, and provision of rights information on all types of distribution.
• Minimum of one-year experience analyzing third party licenses (music, stills, stock footage) and various forms of programming and distribution agreements.
• Legal knowledge of linear and multiplatform distribution rights.
• Understanding of music copyright licensing and the required documentation based on usage type within programming, including the identification of controlled portions of compositions/fees.
• Must have media rights database experience, with experience in creating contract records, versioning contracts, and researching rights, generating reports, and entering legal rights data.
• There is a high level of decision-making in this position and a high level of productivity and accuracy expected, as is an ability and willingness to work within a team environment.
• The position is client-facing and service-oriented, so excellent interpersonal and written communication skills are essential. Must also possess an ability to discuss technology issues with members of IT staff and clients is critical as well. The analyst must have strong-multitasking skills and have extensive experience with various troubleshooting methods.
• Required Education: BA/BS Degree
• Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2npp6-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.