Manager, Internal Audit
Los Angeles, CA
THE DIVISON'S STORY
Most people don't realize the importance of the Finance department in keeping our business operating without hitches and delays. That's probably because we oversee many of the more quietly glamorous, back-office functions that drive our bottom line. We not only forecast, build and manage budgets, we also collect and analyze important data that helps leadership make the best decisions. All of this sounds exciting to you because you love numbers and spreadsheets, and especially love great entertainment.
This position is entry level and reports directly to the Manager of Residuals. Candidate must possess strong organizational and communication skills, must be self-sufficient and able to manage time independently to meet deadlines. Responsibilities are to assist in coordinating and management of the setup process of titles for residual payments as well as provide administrative support for both the Manager and VP of Residuals.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Prepare files by collecting all required data and documentation needed to setup shows for Residuals from in-house and external production groups, 3rd party payroll companies, and various internal systems.
• Track and report the status of new show setups to Manager on a weekly basis.
• Prepare airdate schedules on basic cable and Ad-support streaming broadcasts for internal and external client use.
• Prepare quarterly revenue reports for supplemental market reporting.
• Work on special projects for the Manager and VP as needed.
• Provide telephone support, scheduling and general administrative work for department.
• Maintain various logs as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to learn about distribution rights, the production process and how that impacts Residuals. You will also learn about all the different reuse markets we pay, and guild requirements involved for both paying and setting up shows. Additionally, you'll have the opportunity to help streamline processes and apply new ideas that can help make your job and the department more efficient. You will be exposed to various A+E departments that work hand in hand with our department and provide us the information/documents we need to set-up and pay our products.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 2-3 years of Entertainment accounting, preferably in residuals and or participations
• College degree in Accounting or industry experience
• Exceptional analytical skills
• Able to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines
• Must be excellent in math and reading comprehension
• Proficient in Excel and use of Pivot tables
• Self-starter and ability to work autonomously
• Entertainment Payroll experience a plus
• Residuals or Profit Participation experience preferred
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.