THE DIVISION'S STORY
Do numbers tell you stories? Can you relay complex information into impactful insights to non-researchers? Do you enjoy influencing business decisions by providing fact-based recommendations infused with intuition?
Our Research & Insights TEAM is compromised of wizards who practice the craft of ''art and science.'' We spend some of our time looking back at performance-but even more time looking forward making actionable recommendations for growing our business. We specialize in content, audience and revenue insights across all platforms. Come check out our pioneering work in predictive modeling, performance marketing and consumers insights.
Compile and analyze viewing data for A&E and their competition to fulfill daily demands of the Programming, Scheduling, and Press teams. Keep management updated on current ratings/trends. Fully understand systems available to determine viewer behavior and assist Sr. Manager/VP in designing insightful analyses that support strategies targeted at program development, scheduling, and acquisitions. Responsible for developing audience insights through a variety of linear TV, digital and primary data sources. The ideal candidate possesses forward-thinking and analytical skills. Must be a strong storyteller with impeccable attention to detail.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Provide highlights of the performance of key premieres, series launches and schedule changes
• Employ tracking and trending analyses from a multiple range of resources
• Provide ad-hoc analytical support and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders (e.g., scheduling, programming, press).
• Responsible for data collection, interpreting data, formulating reports and making recommendations based upon the research findings
• Must have strong initiative and follow-through and be able to anticipate the needs of clients
• Proactively inform team of competitive strategy and performance trending
• Able to manage projects independently and allocate time appropriately to each analysis
• Able to manage tasks simultaneously, prepare various written client deliverables, prioritize, and meet deadlines
• Synthesize audience data and distribute/communicate core insights
• Respond to a wide variety of ad hoc requests
• Ensure diversity and inclusion reporting in audience data
• Understand and evaluate digital metrics to enhance cross platform performance and strategy
• Work with Senior Manager/VP to identify opportunities that maximize ratings performance for A&E
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 4+ years of college
• Ideally 1+ years in television research at a cable network, rep firm, syndicator, broadcast network or ad agency or research firm
• Strong research and analytical skills, with an ability to identify trends and make insightful recommendations
• Impeccable organization, written/oral communication skills, and attention to detail is critical
• Advanced skill in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
• Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Capable of learning how to use new data sets and tools quickly
• Preferred familiarity with Nielsen data and a plus for specific industry software knowledge: Star Media and N-Power
• Knowledge of the overall media space and new technology platforms as it relates to A&E Media in general and TV specifically
• Preferred familiarity with digital analytics tools: Adobe Analytics, Freewheel, ComScore, Google Analytics
• A passion for research, entertainment, popular culture, the world around you, the A&E brand and the business of TV
• Bonus points: basic skills for data analysis programming languages: SQL, R, or Python; Experience with Tableau, Domo, etc.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d81j9x-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.