Associate Producer, The Greg Gutfield Show
New York, NY
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Production Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A+E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!
Support, troubleshoot, and help develop all facets of A+E Studio 7E, remote, virtual, and corporate productions that the Production Operations team oversees. In addition, hold various crew and operational positions as needed (audio, camera, graphics, etc). As needed, this role will also assist the production management department: crew hires and scheduling, technical consulting, etc.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Manage A+E's inventory of field production equipment as requested by other departments at A+E. (camera, audio, video, lighting equipment, etc.)
• Exhibit working knowledge of the various technical crew positions across all studio, remote, virtual and corporate events. Systems can include but are not limited to switchers, audio mixers, cameras, communication hardware/software, file-based record and playback devices, with specific knowledge of: Tricaster hardware, Wirecast web streaming software and NDI workflows. This also includes learning new equipment and applications.
• Represent the Production Operations team on A&E's live shows, shows produced in A+E Studio 7E, Six West Media, remote, virtual, and corporate productions.
• During Studio 7E live shows, coordinate with the show team along with the New York and Stamford Engineering staff to prepare for live broadcasts. Record shows to ensure enterprise fulfillment. Liaise with the Legal and S&P team on-site to execute best practices, appropriate for the scenario presented in the moment.
• Act as a production point person for issues and transmission fixes for all productions within A+E Networks. Strategize, communicate and execute with autonomy the broadcast protocols, edits, and solutions that fall in line with all A+E Networks Operations SOPs.
• Research and manage all production equipment and applications as it relates to enhancing production operations. Coordinate with engineering and vendors as needed to implement upgrades to workflows and equipment.
• Assist the production management department: crew hires and scheduling, technical consulting, etc.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational technology solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new technologies and implement them where they make sense. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A+E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• BA or BS on Communications or equivalent vocational education
• Working knowledge of modern studio, remote and virtual audio, video, capture, and playback equipment
• 5+ years' production technical management experience
• Demonstrated ability to think quickly and manage crisis situations during productions where decisions must be made quickly and succinctly while also maintaining best practices
• Must be able to work flexible hours, per production needs
• Personable yet professional demeanor, especially under pressure
• Emphasis on customer service is a must
• Ability to strategize solutions with multiple stakeholders
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.