THE DIVISION'S STORY
Most people don't realize the importance of the Finance department in keeping our business operating without hitches and delays. That's probably because we oversee many of the more quietly glamorous, back-office functions that drive our bottom line. We not only forecast, build and manage budgets, we also collect and analyze important data that helps leadership make the best decisions. All of this sounds exciting to you because you love numbers and spreadsheets, and especially love great entertainment.
• Hands on position working directly with the VP Production Finance Production Finance team, providing financial analysis and assistance preparing and wrapping of A + E Studios Pilots, Series and Lifetime Movies.
• Must be proficient in several areas of production accounting and able to answer questions or inquiries in relation to development payments, fundings and cashflows .
• Candidate must be proficient and knowledgeable of union/guild payroll and accounts payable.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Manager, Production Finance
• Responsible for invoice processing during prep/wrap (Pilot, Series, MOW'S) in a timely manner for AETN, Lifetime and 3rd Party clients including setting up accounting databases and accounts in prep, closing out accounts and databases in wrap, AP & P.O Processing, Petty Cash & P-Cards, Reconciling Bank Statements.
• Track and report monthly tax incentive/rebate positions for AES and Lifetime projects.
• Coordinate and ensure payroll companies submit annual 1099 reporting.
• Liaison with Finance Executives and Productions Executives for accurate reporting of AES and Lifetime Budget Trackers.
• Assist in accounting functions as liaison for Lifetime Movie initiative including ledger research, reconciliations, and vendor analysis with studio production finance team.
• Assist with Studio Administration for all AES and Lifetime Development payments.
• Assist with audit of financial policies and procedures.
• Work with team on the development needs of the A&E Networks Production Finance group, as well as external networks.
• Operate & communicate directly with all studio departments/groups on a very detailed level.
• Set-up bank accounts and prepare tax credit applications working with Corporate Tax and Corporate Accounting.
• Collaborate on foreign exchange buys and track rates for maximum financial benefits working with Corporate Treasury.
• Manage wrap accounting process and production audits.
• Fluency in creating and managing reporting documents such as:
• Cash Flows- Required once a show has been greenlit.
• Other Ad Hoc Analyses – may include more granular investigation of specific accounts to help illustrate cost/spend trends to alert management to potential budget controls and conclusions.
• BA/BS Degree
• Minimum 5-7 years of production accounting experience in scripted television
• Excellent organizational skills
• Must be able to multi-task, handle multiple productions and proficient with Excel, PowerPoint and, scheduling and Excel
• Excellent communication and management skills
• Fluency in insurance matters and issues related to production
• Ability to make decisions and problem solve in a collegial environment
• A passionate commitment to quality entertainment
• Experience as a location (2nd ) accountant with extensive travel
• Understanding and execution with PSL, Global Vista, Smart Accounting, Excel and PowerPoint
• Understanding and application of Movie Magic software is a plus