Work Locations: With the exception of some select roles that have In-Office requirements, most temporary or third party payroll workers should expect to work remotely, unless otherwise discussed.
Most people don't realize the importance of the Finance department in keeping our business operating without hitches and delays. That's probably because we oversee many of the more quietly glamorous, back-office functions that drive our bottom line. We not only forecast, build and manage budgets, we also collect and analyze important data that helps leadership make the best decisions. All of this sounds exciting to you because you love numbers and spreadsheets, and especially love great entertainment.
The Production Accounting Clerk will be responsible for accurate financial tracking and accounting of Six West and Category Six Media unscripted expenses. This role will have an emphasis on production purchase-card reconciliations, accounts payable and ad hoc accounting needs. This is a key AP function in a team of a rapidly growing division of A+E Networks.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Track, reconcile and prepare GL entries for production purchase-cards on a weekly basis.
• Assist with accounts payable processes and invoice management, including GL coding and processing payments to vendors.
• Lead best-practice document management and retention.
• Act as key liaison between Six West / Category 6 Production Management and all other clients regarding expense transitions.
• Support other team members via cross-training and act as backup when called upon.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational financial solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new strategies and implement them where they make sense. In addition, you'll be able to build & manage strong relationships of cross functional partners that understand our business and are eager to push the envelope wherever possible. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A+E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 0-4 Years of Accounting Experience
• Ability to be a team member within a fast-paced production environment
• Eager to learn accounts payable and think outside of the box
• Experience with Smart Start, Smart Accounting and Global Vista a plus
• Excellent general ledger management and reconciliation skills
• Can work well in a group of other accountants
• Excellent communication skills
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third-party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.
Contract Hourly Pay Rate: $31.43
The pay rate displayed serves as a good faith estimate for this role.
Compensation for the role will be based on a number of different factors
such as a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, location, and
experience. Learn more at aenetworks.com/careers.
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d99kn7-3-235-195-196-42 in your application.