Office Services & Facilities Budget Analyst
New York, NY
The Production Accountant will be responsible for accurate financial tracking and accounting of Six West and Category Six Media unscripted productions and development projects. This role will have an emphasis on invoice management, purchase cards, payroll, cost reporting and general ledger activity, and will have a direct line of reporting to corporate finance and accounting.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Manage accounts payable, payroll and cost reports for series in production and development projects
• Assist with P-CARD creation, account management and reconciliations for programs in production
• Act as key financial liaison for various internal and external clients
• Maintain general ledgers for multiple long-form productions and prepare general ledger entries for posting
• Assist with balance sheet clean ups and adjustments in conjunction with corporate accounting and finance
• Track Purchase Orders
• Perform bank reconciliations
• Assist with closing out of completed programs
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational financial solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new strategies and implement them where they make sense. In addition, you'll be able to build & manage strong relationships of cross functional partners that understand our business and are eager to push the envelope wherever possible. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A+E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 2-8 Years of Production Accounting Experience
• Experience with fast-paced production environment
• Experience with accounts payable, payroll and standard production labor partners (i.e. Entertainment Partners)
• Experience with Smart Start, Smart Accounting and Global Vista
• Ability to manage multiple cost reports simultaneously, including ability to explain variances to production team and line producers
• Excellent general ledger management and reconciliation skills
• Can work well in a group of other accountants
• Excellent communication skills
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third-party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.