The majority of our employees will have flexibility that allows them to choose a predominantly remote, predominantly in-office, or hybrid setup. Our official in-office locations in the United States includes LA, NYC, Stamford, and Chicago, and we have several other states in which employees may work remotely if their role isn't one that requires them to be in or near the office. We value the health and safety of our people above all else, and our onsite attendance policies reflect that. If there is an on-site requirement for a role, it will be listed in the job description.
For those employees who would like to utilize our offices, full vaccination for COVID-19 is required for physical presence in A+E Networks workplaces. While A+E Networks will consider reasonable
accommodation requests regarding this policy in accordance with applicable law, such requests will not be considered until a conditional offer of employment is extended to a candidate. Applicants should not submit any medical or health information in connection with their application for employment.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Were you the first kid on your block to get a PlayStation? Did you foresee the day when movies could be filmed on a phone and TV shows could be viewed on a wristwatch? The Digital team is made up of just such visionaries and early adaptors. We dream up new ideas for gaming, apps, and SVOD initiatives and generate engaging online content for our owned and operated websites. But if all that tech talk makes you glaze over, there's always 45th & Dean, our in-house digital content storytelling hub. It's a collective of talented writers, editors, motion graphics artists and producers who create content across all social media platforms as well as support our Ad Sales and Distribution teams.
Our Editorial function, shared with Marketing, brings the voice, taste, and energy that brings our brands to life beyond linear.
HISTORY This Week, a History Channel original podcast, is looking to bring on a producer to join our team. Producers oversee the production of episodes from beginning to end, bringing stories from the past to life through engaging narration, expert interviews, archival audio, and compelling sound design.
• Researching episode ideas and pitching those ideas to the team
• Researching locked episodes, finding experts, booking experts for interviews
• Coordinating interviews and prepping host for interview
• Facilitating interviews with host and guests
• Syncing and editing selects for episode
• Writing episode script
• Working with editor and host to refine scripts
• Recording and assembling draft of episode in editing software (ProTools or Audition)
• Working closely with sound designer to design and mix episode
• Managing production and delivery timelines
• Working with A+E's post production team to deliver all assets to archive
• 2 - 3 years producing podcasts or radio, specifically that involve longform storytelling and reporting
• Demonstrated experience writing narrative nonfiction/fiction for audio
• Booking expert interviews (authors, scholars, luminaries)
• Fluency in audio editing software (ProTools or Audition)
• Background in history/historical research preferred
• Excellent organizational and time/project management skills, and the ability to work on deadline
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re5pm0-18-208-132-74-42 in your application.