THE DIVISION'S STORY A+E's Technology team is deep-rooted in the heart of our business. We have great people and great technologies, and together we take on the toughest challenges. As innovators, we choose to iterate, pivot, and adapt quickly. We've reinvented the way A+E leverages technology to produce and sell world-class content. We've modernized our core solutions and embraced a cloud first approach. Perched on the virtues of our ''Technology Code'', we make technology better, create solutions together, and most of all, we have fun with it. Our team members are motivated individuals who help each other do remarkable things every day. Together we deliver best-in-class solutions that transform the way A+E works. If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, we want to hear from you!
Be responsible for the overall integrity our Server infrastructure, including VMWare, storage platforms, Active Directory, various server OS and hardware environments which are critical to A+E's user populace and application environments. You will also be responsible for the installation/configuration, design/build, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and data center infrastructure in accordance with corporate and security standards. Collaborate with engineering, application, global offices, vendors and operational groups to architect, design, build, and maintain security and application delivery solutions across A+E Networks. Learn, test, implement, and recommend alternatives to existing commercial products. Troubleshooting server issues across multiple platforms and technologies to solve complex issues.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
As a Platforms Engineer at A+E Networks, your core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Serve as the L3 escalation point for the Technical Operations team
• Build, configure and deployment of the global server hardware, applications, operating systems, virtualization environments, networking hardware and web environments.
• Build, configure, deploy solutions within A+E Public cloud environments.
• Automate routine tasks and configurations of systems.
• Resolve complex issues with server hardware, virtualization, storage, operating systems while following downtime procedures
• Design, build, and implement global high-availability systems, data integrity, security and disaster recovery configurations.
• Conduct technical research regarding user requests for new/modified systems or problem resolution
• Prepare detailed requirements and specifications for new systems / modifications to existing systems including preparation of supporting documentation and designs
• Ensure user satisfaction by providing technical assistance and user communication
• Assist and coordinate escalation of critical issues to appropriate personnel
• Monitor global system performance and carry out performance tuning
• Participates in major cross-functional projects affecting A+E's business, product, or service leadership
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues and engineers from across the enterprise, including our Media Production, Security, Cloud, Infrastructure and Technical Operations areas. You will collaborate to improve our network automation, Cloud extendibility and network management capabilities, as well as help to address on-going elasticity and application delivery needs. We're always looking for new technologies to help us build solutions to complex problems, so we'll need you have your finger on the pulse of what's up and coming and be ready to make recommendations.
• BA or BS Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering required, or equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years' hands on experience in information technology.
• Obtained or demonstrates an active pursuit of one or more of the following certifications: Microsoft MCSE, VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 (VCAPS-DCD), AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate; or other related certifications.
• Minimum of five (5) years of hands on VMware data center and desktop technology stack. Physical and virtual global storage and network technologies, capabilities, trends and the automated interaction with physical infrastructure (Cisco, EMC, NetApp, VMware, Citrix)
• Microsoft Active Directory, O365, SQL, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, App-V
• Hands on experience with Dell & Cisco hardware
• Strong troubleshooting skills (Hardware & Software)
• Strong knowledge of scripting languages like PowerShell, Chef, Ruby, Python, VBScript, and Terraform
• Experience with configuration management toolsets such as Chef, Puppet, and Ansible.
• Experience with setting up and designing monitoring solutions such as DataDog
• Architecting automated data center processes, including provisioning, application and patch management, monitoring and alerting, capacity monitoring and planning, leveraging execution and human approval workflow design and implementation.
• Strong technical competence and aptitude.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Quick thinker, experienced in unconventional problem solving.
• Comfortable initiating change; consciously managing and shaping change. Is able to handle the stress related to balancing multiple issues and perspectives.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and effectively interact with all levels of management from application developers to the CIO.
• Ability to be on call or assure critical incident response 24x7x365.
Nice to Have:
• Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
• ITIL v3/2011 or CSSGB Certification a preferred plus
• Hands on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Solaris, SUSE Linux, and CentO/S experience
• Cloud methodologies (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS), automation, orchestration, cost frameworks, trends and industry-leading private/public/hybrid cloud vendor offerings and interoperability like Azure and AWS.
• 3+ years hands on experience of Linux system administration
• Previous hands-on experience with complex IT Systems solutions and business applications.
• Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0wpw6-3-236-28-137-42 in your application.