Senior Devops Engineer
New York, NY
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Production Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A+E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!
The PHP Developer is a key member of our talented, experienced Development organization. S/he is responsible for software development and design activities required to create and maintain several business-critical, revenue-generating content distribution-related services. This includes comprehensive metadata services and video-support applications for the Content Services team.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Responsible for building and maintaining applications that process metadata for our AVOD and SVOD applications and third-party distribution channels – rapidly growing revenue opportunities for A+E
• Work closely with application developers, web developers and other consumers to fulfill data requirements and inform on optimal use of data and tools. Perform updates in the Video Asset Management (VAM) platform.
• Evaluate new technologies and workflow changes, finding opportunities to improve performance, ease-of-use or efficiency.
• Identify and communicate technical issues and discrepancies to management and colleagues.
• Write technical documentation for all architecture and applications.
• Implement and integrate third-party libraries and APIs
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
The candidate will have the opportunity to develop critical systems and workflows involved in powering our websites - A+E, History, Lifetime and fyi, - and nearly all of our enterprise-wide video applications across a diverse platform set such as iOS, Roku, Android and Chromecast. Opportunities to innovate are waiting for the hands-on, self-starter who brings talent and experience to this major media company working alongside a team of developers, a Tech lead and a SCRUM master/Project lead.
• College Degree Preferred
• Hands-on experience with relational and No-SQL databases (MySQL, MongoDB)
• Familiarity with WordPress and/or other CMS platforms
• Unit or Functional testing experience
• Proven experience building applications on Cloud hosting services like Amazon Web Services
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time wisely in a fast-paced, deadline and client-driven environment
• Comfortable approaching new technologies and workflows.
• Excellent client services skills. Strong collaboration and influence skills, positive approach to problems, ability to stay calm under pressure and a strong relationship builder
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills. Must interact effectively with distribution partners and management across all levels of the organization
• Strong working knowledge of metadata, XML transformation, media, asset movement, storage, sequencing and naming conventions
• Flexible and adaptable with an appetite for implementing positive change, keen problem-solving abilities. Self-starter who proactively identifies and structures opportunities and projects
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.