Content & Corporate BI Manager
New York, NY
Project Manager, PMO (Program Management Office)
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Were you the first kid on your block to get a PlayStation? Did you foresee the day when movies could be filmed on a phone and TV shows could be viewed on a wristwatch? The Digital team is made up of just such visionaries and early adaptors. We dream up new ideas for gaming, apps, and SVOD initiatives and generate engaging online content for our owned and operated websites. But if all that tech talk makes you glaze over, there's always 45th & Dean, our in-house digital content storytelling hub. It's a collective of talented writers, editors, motion graphics artists and producers who create content across all social media platforms as well as support our Ad Sales and Distribution teams. Our Editorial function, shared with Marketing, brings the voice, taste, and energy that brings our brands to life beyond linear.
A+E Networks is looking for a Project Manager who is passionate about delivering great products. They will be part of the PMO team and will be responsible for working as a Scrum Master on technology teams delivering products to enable and support business priorities. This person should have a strong technical understanding around Digital Media engineering tracks focusing on Advertising Video On Demand (''AVOD'') products that are built on desktop, mobile and connected devices (i.e. Apple TV, Roku) delivery platforms. The successful candidate will operate in a matrix environment managing teams that include resources from cross-functional teams and guiding them through processes that offer the most effective delivery solutions.
The candidate must have strong leadership skills, and the ability to manage multiple assignments across the organization following agile principles. The role requires strong communication and relationship management skills to effectively deal with their team, business stakeholders, executives and sometimes conflicting sets of priorities and requirements. Proven strong problem-solving skills are a necessity. Agile experience, working as a Scrum Master, is a must.
The candidate should also have a proven track record of leading teams and is adept at providing project health & metrics to executives and stakeholders for transparency when needed. Building and managing a team in partnership with the Product Owner, focused on the execution of sound agile practices. This includes enabling their teams to be more effective in creating products that provide customer value for our entertainment and media organization.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Energizing product teams to meet quarterly OKRs and business goals.
• Leading agile product teams on establishing process, conducting meetings and setting up scrum board(s) to track stories and sprints.
• Setting up ceremonies and Jira scrum boards and assuring attendance and team dedication to getting the sprint done.
• Foster team communication and collaboration in order to build great products.
• Report on defined deliverables, risks and blockers to internal and external stakeholders.
• Alert stakeholders of risks and issues that may impact product delivery, allowing for better team collaboration to remove blockers as quickly as possible.
• Lead and coach team(s) on agile principles, leading team to reach sprint / work goals and target dates.
• Work closely with Product Owner and team to continually improve team process.
• Assuring compliance with accessibility, privacy and security across our products.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• BS in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• 1-2+ years of solid agile experience. Substantial knowledge of agile implementation and processes.
• Scrum Master certified preferred.
• 1-2+ years in delivering on desktop, video, mobile and / or connected devices (i.e. Apple TV, Roku) delivery platforms.
• Expertise in agile management tools, such as Atlassian tools (Jira and Confluence).
• Excellent oral and written communications. Demonstrated ability to manage, assess and communicate project health using qualitative and quantitative measures with all levels of business and technology in one-on-one, small and large group settings.
• Excellent Communicator and Collaborator.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Strong leadership abilities.
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.