Senior Manager, Accounting Policies, Guidance and Compliance
New York, NY
''THE DIVISION'S STORY
Most people don't realize the importance of the Finance department in keeping our business operating without hitches and delays. That's probably because we oversee many of the more quietly glamorous, back-office functions that drive our bottom line. We not only forecast, build and manage budgets, we also collect and analyze important data that helps leadership make the best decisions. All of this sounds exciting to you because you love numbers and spreadsheets, and especially love great entertainment.''
This position will report to the VP, Head of Procurement and support in building world-class procurement capabilities for A+E Networks (AETN), partnering with internal stakeholders and department owners to ensure they receive maximum value for every dollar spent. The role will develop and execute sourcing processes, including – strategic sourcing, category management, supplier relationship management, contract management and compliance.
Responsibilities include acting as a key contact for product and services strategic sourcing for key business units including Technology, Marketing, Office Services, Human Resources, Finance, Research, etc.
The candidate will possess: (1) experience leading strategic sourcing projects, (2) knowledge and expertise across a wide range of indirect spend categories, (3) a consistent track record of delivering results in a complex corporate setting, (4) the strategic, analytical, and interpersonal skills to act as an effective change agent, unlocking barriers to value for priority spend categories.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Strategic sourcing activity and contract negotiation:
• Gather spend and contract data, evaluate spend analytics and develop spend/vendor profiles to identify sourcing opportunities
• Build strong partnerships with internal stakeholders to develop procurement strategies, service level requirements, cost models and performance goals for supplier programs
• Facilitate/support cross-functional teams as applicable to execute the sourcing process and plans
• Partner with departments to support supplier selection and decision process (incl. business requirements, RFP preparation and execution)
• Lead contract development, negotiation and execution process
• Coordinate deal and cost savings/avoidance metrics
• Track contract expirations and sourcing opportunities
Category strategy collaboration and operational implementation:
• Create value, drive continuous improvement, and provide realized savings by applying category management and strategic sourcing leading practices
• Lead and/or participate on project teams as required or assigned
• Evaluate market intelligence and research efforts for category management and sourcing, i.e.- top suppliers, industry trends, etc.
Supplier relationship management:
• Provide support in measuring and managing supplier performance issues in collaboration with relevant internal business customers
• Support Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) with suppliers
• Bachelor's degree and/or MBA (preferred) in Business, Finance, Supply Chain or related disciplines required
• 5+ years relevant experience in indirect procurement - preference for strong IT sourcing
• Strong organizational skills to oversee a multiplicity of sourcing initiatives in a cross functional/divisional environment
• Knowledge of procurement systems, processes and procedures
• Proficient in MS Office applications – Power Point, Word, Excel
• Strong analytical and presentation skills
• Media & Entertainment or related industry experience preferred, but not required
• Excellent communication and interpersonal interactions skills
• Self-motivated and results oriented
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.