Sr. Director, Risk & Compliance
New York, NY
Manager Accounts Receivable, Affiliate Distribution & Ancillary Revenue
''THE DIVISION'S STORY
Most people don't realize the importance of the Finance department in keeping our business operating without hitches and delays. That's probably because we oversee many of the more quietly glamorous, back-office functions that drive our bottom line. We not only forecast, build and manage budgets, we also collect and analyze important data that helps leadership make the best decisions. All of this sounds exciting to you because you love numbers and spreadsheets, and especially love great entertainment.''
Manage the billing and accounting of the Company's domestic affiliate fees and domestic ancillary sales, including cash application and reconciliation of the accounts receivable balance each month.
This role reports to the Senior Director, Revenue & Accounts Receivable and is crucial in providing coverage for the Company's revenue billing and cash receipts reconciliation and application.
Responsible for all domestic ancillary billing; will be responsible for monitoring all ancillary billing requests to ensure that the Company's billing policies & procedures and guidelines on revenue recognition are adhered to.
Thoroughly analyze sales contracts to ensure they are billed accurately and timely.
Will work very closely with the ancillary sales team and effectively coordinate with the sales team and the Legal team to ensure proper flow of contractual information and transparency on billing and revenue recognition. Also crucial for this role is the coordination and collaboration with the sales team to ensure timely collection of the accounts receivables.
As part of the monthly financial close cycle, prepare and present to the Controller, the accounts receivable aging, highlighting any collection risks and bad debt reserve recommendation. Close partnership and collaboration with the Financial Reporting team a must to ensure consistent balance sheet reconciliation process.
Work with the Senior Director, Revenue & Accounts Receivable in billing, accounting and reporting on the Company's affiliate sales. Partner with Credit & Collections team in application of cash receipts.
This role will work very closely with several teams including Affiliate Sales, Ancillary Sales, Credit & Collections, Treasury, Legal and Accounting.
External contact will mainly be with the third-party firm engaged by A+E to conduct subscriber audit of its MVPD's.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Responsible for preparing monthly cash receipts reports and monitoring cash transactions to ensure that daily bank and sub-ledger activity balances agree to the report. Prepare month-end Distribution and Ancillary Revenue Receivable reconciliation (subsystems to SAP) in a timely manner in compliance with month-end reporting deadlines.
• Process cash receipts remittances to SAP and/or QuickBooks Accounting Software (Ancillary).
• Responsible for the Accounts Receivable department's Balance Sheet reconciliations – ensuring accurate and timely monthly completion and swift resolution of outstanding items (Distribution and Ancillary).
• Prepare all monthly journal entries for Distribution Revenue / Amortization / Reserves, Miscellaneous Revenue, Licensing and cash receipts.
• Assist Senior Director with the monthly review/reconciliation of Distribution revenue versus original budget/forecast and provide commentary for variances.
• Work closely with Collections to ensure A/R aging reports are current; billing problems are identified and resolved in a timely mann er. In addition, work with Credit/Collections department to ensure that A/R balances more than 120 Days have a documented collection plan in pl ace.
• Ensure that all accounts are reconciled and kept accurate. Evaluate and enhance current procedures to reduce amount of unapplied cash.
• Liaise with IT department with regards to systems issues and improvements, adding input to ''Request for Change'' documents and carrying out full testing of system changes prior to implementation.
• Responsible for the effective and efficient workflow and performance of the Accounts Receivable team, against defined goals and objectives, to ensure excellent service is delivered to the business.
• To provide leadership and direction to the team to ensure the delivery of high performance, acting as an enthusiastic, positive and motivated coach.
• To take full responsibility for the performance management of the team to ensure that quality and deadlines are achieved and maintained and that any issues are managed in line with Company Policies and Procedures.
• Facilitate the subscriber audit review process and provide auditing firm with all documentation as requested.
• Oversee image retention solution for inbound Lockbox receipts for Distribution and Ancillary.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational financial solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new strategies and implement them where they make sense. In addition, you'll be able to build & manage strong relationships of cross functional partners that understand our business and are eager to push the envelope wherever possible. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A+E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
• B.S. in Accounting or related field.
• Strong analytical skills required.
• A high level of computer literacy. Needs to be a proficient user of financial systems – prior knowledge of SAP preferred. Must be competent in the Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word and Outlook.
• 5 – 7 years of revenue billing and accounts receivable experience, a must.
• Supervisory experience required.
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal, required.
• People Management
• Leadership and motivation
• Customer Service
• Communication and influencing skills
• Good analytical skills
• Drive for results
• Ability to learn and adapt
• Ability to work under pressure
Approach to Work:
• Self-motivated/uses initiative
• Positive and enthusiastic
• Supportive and consultative management style
• Professional and reliable
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.