Director, Financial Analysis - Sales & Distribution
Los Angeles, CA
THE DIVISON'S STORY
A+E Networks is not in the television business. It's in the storytelling business. Our job is to bring consumers new ways to experience those stories. We get up every day excited to discover new talent, narratives and characters, and live for any chance to shepherd a great idea through development to air.
The Head of Production is responsible for Production and Post-Production Management of A+E Studios. This comprehensive role oversees scripted production for both series and television movies. The Executive is responsible, not only for delivering quality programming, but also managing a robust team of production and post staff with a constant flow of multi-faceted projects. The goal is to deliver quality programming in accordance with creative goals, budget targets, and delivery schedules. Critical to the success of the role, the Executive will have a deep understanding and experience in television production (drama, comedy, MOW), the global landscape, OTT, a network of strong external industry relationships, and exceptional business acumen. In addition to being responsible for robust budgets, the Head of Production is charged with maintaining a positive work culture that fosters an atmosphere of teamwork and pride in excellent results.
• Develops production scenarios that take into account both global and domestic studio perspectives and ensures that such scenarios are reasonable and attainable.
• Partners with Creative, Production Finance, Business/Legal Affairs, and Strategy/Operations to create production plans that support creative goals while balancing business needs.
• Oversees Production and Post-Production Management across all series and television movies: budget review, production schedules, cost report review.
• Monitors the execution of plans and progress of individual production departments against the plan.
• Solution-oriented approach to solving internal and external resource management.
• Resource planning of personnel, stage and office space, location management.
• Oversees production process from initial development through delivery of series and television movies.
• Manage development of preliminary budgets with Production Finance, production schedules, critical assumptions and serve as a key contributor in greenlight process.
• Ensure budgets across all series and television movies are maintained accordingly.
• Develop and implement a variety of budget scenarios when needed (working within the box, while thinking outside the box).
• Work with Production Finance to identify filming location options, and collaborate with various film commissions to investigate and secure tax incentive opportunities.
• Interview and hire line producers and other key below-the-line hires for all projects. Establish recruiting targets and guide hiring strategy.
• Collaborate with producers and studio team in managing entire production process, ensuring Studio production protocols (COVID, safety, production manual) are followed.
• Partner with Production Finance and Post-Production to track and monitor cost reporting, and manage delivery milestones throughout each project's life cycle.
• Continuously evaluate strategic workflows and recommend efficiencies for production enhancement across all cross-functional departments including Business and Legal Affairs, Risk Management, and Production Finance.
• Leads and develops a team of production and post-production executives.
• Co-Leads Tuesday's Studio's ''All Hands'' meeting with Studio President.
• Attends weekly Executive Team meetings with President, and Heads of Creative, BA/Legal, Corporate Finance, Production Finance, and Strategy/Ops.
• Attends weekly BA/Development meetings.
• Attends weekly Production/Production Finance meetings.
• Fosters a positive culture of teamwork, service and solution-oriented thinking.
• Minimum of 15+ of years of experience in an Executive Senior Production or Production Management role within television or film.
• Have extensive production management experience in television series, including expert scheduling and budgeting ability.
• Strong relationships with line producers, and an understanding of tax treaties/credits worldwide.
• Demonstrated history of successfully leading and developing teams.
• Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills to keep colleagues, team members and other key players informed in a timely manner.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with all personality types.
• Proven ability to prioritize and multi-task in a busy, dynamic, ever-changing environment; hands-on and purposeful.
• Astute, pragmatic production professional; able to set ego aside and focus on what is best for the company.
• Clearly understands the nature of working in a creative, entrepreneurial environment; Exceptional listening skills and ability to take the temperature or pulse of different constituencies and adjust style accordingly.
• Possess a spirit of collaboration and transparency, with an openness to take on new ways of problem solving and adjust to different styles of TV and filmmakers.
• Inspires confidence and trust, with the ability to influence and lead others in day- to-day decisions and overall studio mission.
• Have a sense of personal ownership; committed to the creative process, quality work products, and delivering results within budget and time parameters.
• Skilled in building trust with others through demonstrated commitment to high ethical standards and excellent proactive communications.
• Flexible, resourceful, proactive self-starter; ''can-do attitude''; action oriented; focused and driven.
• Global creative thinker with the ability to be both strategic and tactical.
• Down-to-earth, confident and secure.
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.