Customer Support Engineer (Temporary)-Remote
Currently, all staff and non-staff are working remotely except for select roles that have an in office requirement. We value the health and safety of the people that work for us above all else, and our office re-openings will remain contingent on the course of the COVID variants and federal, state and local safety guidelines and recommendations.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Global Broadcast Operations and Engineering consist of a wide range of media-centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A+E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast, and distribute content and run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving, dynamic industry. Developing innovative solutions to improve the user experience of our customers, consumers continually, and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!
As the Customer Support Engineer, you will support all level 1 tickets submitted for incidents, problems, changes, service requests, and knowledge management while adhering to all established service levels. In addition, this position is responsible for building and maintaining trusting relationships with departmental staff, internal business partners, and external vendors. This will ensure the delivery of technical support for A+E Network's Global Media Engineering team.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Serve as a primary Support Engineer – answering users' questions and escalating requests to other Engineering, technical and operational teams as required.
• Troubleshoot complex technical issues and help resolve user questions about Engineering systems.
• Provide operational effectiveness and efficiency utilizing the central incident management solution (FreshService) as a single-entry point for user submission.
• Respond to requests via our ticketing system and update tickets as appropriate; communicate status, monitor, and follow up on all requests from submission to resolution.
• Document system workflows and dependencies to make support processes easy to follow and maintain.
• Identify software bugs and coordinate with engineering teams for full technical resolution of issues.
• Identify feature gaps for customers and work with Engineering teams to ensure feature requests are explored and use cases are documented.
• Identify automation opportunities within the media space and help scope maintainable, software-based solutions that would alleviate common support requests.
• Develop systems and processes for documenting support requests, ensuring procedures within support teams are understood and followed, and all user requests get a timely answer.
• Train end-users as needed to support the deployment of new systems, tools, and workflows.
• Assist in testing the latest system releases and updates to make sure they meet user needs.
• Serve as an escalation point to internal teams helping to identify and resolve complex, software-based issues involving multiple systems.
• Minimum one to three years of experience working with technology, software, and media, such as video, audio, and various file types, in a technical support role – ideally with an enterprise technology organization or a media company.
• Experience working directly with users to understand and resolve complex issues.
• Experience working with developers and software engineers.
• Understanding cloud computing and the tools available from modern infrastructure providers, with a strong preference for knowledge of AWS (Amazon Web Services).
• Familiarity with Windows operating systems (both desktop and server), with the ability to perform administrative tasks, including configuration and troubleshooting.
• Understanding of enterprise-level Media Asset Management or Digital Asset Management systems.
• Experience with digital content distribution tools.
• Basic understanding of media-related WAN acceleration and file transfer orchestration tools.
• Experience creating and documenting test cases.
• Some experience with video production and post-production technologies.
• Some knowledge of key components involved in storage systems, including SAN, NAS, and archive systems (LTO).
• Self-organized with significant attention to detail and procedures.
• Ability to prioritize and address multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic work environment.
• Ability to work independently and with other members of a team.
• Demonstrates practical and strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Proactive and independent ability to resolve technical issues while functioning in a support-team structure.
• Ability to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end-user procedures.
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third-party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4zqw1-3-238-204-167-42 in your application.