Counsel, A+E Networks (Temporary)
A+E Networks has an open position in New York for a transactional attorney to provide legal and business affairs support to Six West Media™ group and Category 6 Media™ group (indirectly owned subsidiaries) regarding unscripted content development, production, and sale for the domestic and/or global marketplace. The individual also may have an opportunity to provide L&BA support for other A+E Networks' creative divisions that commission, produce and/or license content.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Counsel, A+E Networks (dependent on experience):
Under the direction of senior attorneys in the L&BA Content Group
• Draft and negotiate various agreements relating primarily to nonfiction/real life/documentary projects and production; e.g., concept development; attachment and/or shopping agreements; appearance, materials, footage, and location releases; talent agreements; and other service provider agreements;
• Interact with internal clients (e.g., in-house production, production management, finance, accounting, programming, marketing personnel), as well as individuals at external companies (e.g., concept developers, on-camera participants, agencies, outside law firms, content buyers) to gather the necessary information to effectively draft and negotiate the applicable agreements, and respond to comments effectively and quickly;
• Review and comment on agreements from third-party networks/streamers interested in developing and/or commissioning content;
• Inform, and interact with, attorneys in other L&BA divisions to ensure that there is seamless and efficient transfer of information, ensuring that potential issues are discussed and resolved timely;
• Stay attuned to the ever-evolving business needs of clients, discussing, and revising template provisions to achieve business goals;
• Track projects and provide status updates to ensure that projects assigned are handled in a timely and efficient manner; and
• Research information and provide both legal and business guidance to the various clients.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll be at the core of the growth of an entrepreneurial business, working to conclude deals to create great content with key business partners, whether for A+E's exploitation or exploitation by another company. Working closely with colleagues and clients, you'll help the team drive content creation deals from start (pitch acceptance and development) to 'finish and beyond' (delivery and ancillary exploitation). The team is a highly engaged, collaborative, and motivated one, eager to discuss issues and provide solutions that meet company needs, while appropriately protecting the company from a legal perspective. You'll interact with L&BA colleagues in other areas, too (including Risk, Standards & Practices, Rights & Clearances, Distribution, International, etc.) Your work load will be varied, and while juggling projects may not always be easy, you'll be encouraged to interact often to brainstorm and formulate creative solutions consistently.
• JD Degree from an accredited law school and New York State bar admission
• 4 to 6 years of legal experience in the entertainment field as an attorney with at least 2+ years prior experience in the legal and/or business-affairs department of a production company; some prior cable, broadcast, or streamer experience a plus
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills needed; must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Detail-oriented and extremely organized
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience with the Abacus HotDocs software is a plus
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third-party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkp98-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.