Manager, Labor Relations
New York, NY
Work Locations: With the exception of some select roles that have in-office requirements, A+E Networks operates on a flexible model that allows for remote, hybrid or full time in office work (in certain locales).
Office locations include New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Stamford, CT.
Our list of eligible states in which employees may work remotely includes: California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Our global Legal and Business Affairs department believes in the promise and power of teamwork. When we work together as a cohesive unit – supporting, involving, appreciating and respecting each other – we can elevate our company, our clients, and ourselves. At A+E Networks, we have built and developed a culture based on the principles of effective communication, collaboration, accountability and trust. These guiding principles serve as our north star as we partner and strategize with other departments across the Company to help A+E Networks achieve its goals and stay at the forefront of a highly competitive, rapidly changing industry. If you share these values and want to learn more about who we are and what we do, consider joining our team.
A+E Networks has an amazing Contracts Analyst opportunity based in New York (with hybrid and remote work options) providing support to the Legal & Business Affairs department.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Contracts Analyst, Legal & Business Affairs:
• Ensure that agreements and amendments are concluded quickly and accurately, and meet AETN's needs and specifications:
• Draft program development agreements and episode pick-up amendments after consultation with manager and applicable programming attorney.
• Independently follow up with contracting parties regarding agreement status.
• Review comments from contracting parties with manager or supervising attorney or, if necessary, programming executive and make appropriate revisions.
• Maintain forms, precedents, and fall-back language so that future drafting assignments can flow more swiftly, and so that such precedents can be adapted as necessary in other situations.
• Update L&BA team status reports and handle research projects as needed:
• Track status of programming contracts and/or amendments sent by self, and/or attorneys or their assistants.
• Resolve payment issues as identified by producer.
• Research agreements (old and new) when questions arise e.g., rights, options, profit participation.
• Other tasks as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll learn the business side of the greenlight process.
• College Degree or Paralegal Certificate
• 4+ years experience at a cable or broadcast network.
• System savvy, fluency in researching and retrieving information from databases.
• High level of maturity and keen social interaction skills.
• Clear communicator in writing and orally.
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills needed and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Able to manage high volume of emails and calls.
• Detailed-oriented and extremely organized.
Hourly Pay Range: $31.70 - $41.70
Annual Incentive Target: 5%
The annual/hourly pay range displayed serves as a good faith estimate of the
minimum and maximum base pay range for this role. Compensation for the role will
be based on a number of different factors such as a candidate's qualifications, skills,
competencies, location, and experience. A+E offers a competitive total compensation
package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k matching, and a range of other benefits. Learn more at aenetworks.com/careers.
A+E Networks proudly provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants, and makes employment decisions consistent with this principle. The company's employment actions and decisions – including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, demotion, compensation, transfer, layoff, and termination – are made without regard to an employee's race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, alienage or citizenship status, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, family and medical leave status, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A+E Television Networks is a joint venture of the Hearts Corporation and The Walt Disney Company.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn06xm-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.