Corporate Communications Associate, Internal Communications
Penguin Random House
New York, NY
Content Curator, Media Resources (Temporary)-Remote
Currently, all staff and non-staff are working remotely except for select roles that have an in office requirement. We value the health and safety of the people that work for us above all else, and our office re-openings will remain contingent on the course of the COVID variants and federal, state and local safety guidelines and recommendations.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Production Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A+E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!
The Content Curator is primarily responsible for curating clip-based content for use by internal and external licensing partners.
The Content Curator will perform exceptional and consistent media evaluations in a high volume, fast-paced, and detail-oriented manner. Leveraging A+E metadata standards and having a keen eye for descriptive relevance to drive accurate search engine results, media will be reviewed for adherence to content standards and suitability for inclusion within A+E Networks' editorial and commercial content catalog. The ideal candidate will be an experienced curation professional who is passionate and knowledgeable about digital media curation, metadata and distribution of content to 3rd Party aggregators.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Curate A+E owned media content using internal media asset management tool.
• Assess clips for suitability for use by internal and external partners.
• Apply accurate and effective descriptive metadata to clip records to optimize searchability.
• Report any patterns of issues observed to help improve database and product performance, and test tools and provide feedback to improve efficiency and accuracy.
• Assist with review and creation of Excel-based metadata logs as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you will have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of operating a clip-based media archive. You will have exposure to all the inner workings of what it takes to receive, organize, and curate clip-based media, and leverage assets by collaborating with internal and external partners to support content creation and monetization opportunities. You will learn about media asset management and media storage practices and how to quickly adapt to a rapidly evolving media landscape.
• Experience in stock footage content curation and familiarity with stock curation best practices required.
• Experience with asset management systems.
• Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to maintain motivation and solid focus through hours of repetitive tasks.
• Detail-oriented with ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
• Quick learner who continually seeks out improvement and prevent errors from recurring.
• Comfortable navigating ambiguity and making sound judgment calls.
• Wide-ranging, up-to-date knowledge of TV shows, cinema, music, literature, social media platforms, as well as cultural sensitivities.
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third-party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv5xjj-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.