Sr. Technical Project Manager
A+E's Technology team is deep-rooted in the heart of our business. We have great people and great technologies, and together we take on the toughest challenges. As innovators, we choose to iterate, pivot, and adapt quickly. We've reinvented the way A+E leverages technology to produce and sell world-class content. We've modernized our core solutions and embraced a cloud first approach. Perched on the virtues of our ''Technology Code'', we make technology better, create solutions together, and most of all, we have fun with it. Our team members are motivated individuals who help each other do remarkable things every day. Together we deliver best-in-class solutions that transform the way A+E works. If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, we want to hear from you!
Provide technical, operational and Business Analyst support to deliver A+E programming assets to non-linear consumer platforms. Gather, document and analyze technical/business requirements to build workflows and solutions to monetize A+E content. The qualified candidate will identify opportunities to streamline technical and operational processes through automation, standardization and documented SOPs/SLAs. Work with various business units (e.g. Sales, Content Distribution Services, Broadcast Ops, Production/Creative/Archive Services) to collect project requirements and translate them into actionable technical plans. Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Technical, Operational, Business, Vendor) to build and support automated IP-based workflows. Candidate will be part of the Enterprise Media Solutions team and based in Stamford, CT.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Perform Business Analysis:
• Gather requirements through interviews, standups, workshops and existing systems documentation.
• Analyze business requirements, processes and workflows with suggestions for improvement. Identify opportunities where process, technology, systems development/enhancements can lead to increased efficiency and productivity.
• Understand the functions and processes supported by existing systems ecosystem. Understand technical/operational constraints of existing systems.
• Provide detailed analysis resulting in clear, concise and unambiguous system and workflow requirements. Document detailed use cases that cover all alternate/exception flows. Supplement use cases with real world scenarios.
• Provide mock-ups of user interface. Lead design discussions and identify design options.
• Provide user documentation for the system and maintain them. Create curriculum and provide classes for user training.
• Ensure requirements are understood, agreed to and signed off at the appropriate stages in a project.
• Consistently maintain central repository of system, project and business signoff documentation.
• Work with QA to develop and implement test plans, cases and schedules, based on intimate knowledge of system functions and workflows.
• Work with management to drive product roadmaps.
• Provide proactive/reactive support related to the design, implementation and management of technical infrastructure and delivery workflows. Supervise operational support activities to increase end-user productivity while minimizing defects and outages.
• Act as a liaison between customers and software development teams to log, prioritize and track feature requests for custom and commercial applications. Supervise User Acceptance Testing to ensure functional requirements are met.
• Onboard and integrate third party vendors into A+E's end-to-end supply chain to globally distribute content to all consumer platforms.
• Work closely with Development teams to implement product enhancements troubleshoot customer impacting issues.
• Ensure that repeat defects, break fixes are minimized & focus on analysis of issues and provide recommendation for avoiding common defects.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational technology solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new technologies and implement them where they make sense. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A+E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred.
• 5+ years of IT experience in a media organization or equivalent.
• Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) including Waterfall, RUP and Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
• Familiarity with encoding, transcoding, automated QC and high-speed file acceleration technologies.
• Familiarity with technologies related to cloud (AWS, Azure), metadata (XML, JSON), Media Asset Management and Media Publishing solutions.
• Strong communication skills and customer focus.
• Collaborative team spirit with a willingness to share information transparently.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnb4ek-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.