Work Locations: With the exception of some select roles that have in-office requirements, A+E Networks operates on a flexible model that allows for remote, hybrid or full time in office work (in certain locales).
Office locations include New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Stamford, CT.
Our list of eligible states in which employees may work remotely includes: California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Production Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A+E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!
The Associate Broadcast Engineer will support all first-level user-generated Engineering support tickets , including Incidents , Problems , Change s , Service Requests , and Knowledge Management .
The Associate must adhere to all established Service-Level Agreements and Standard Operating Procedures . In addition, this position will develop and maintain trusted relationships with departmental staff, internal business partners, and external vendors to drive strategic solutions tailored to the successful delivery of technical support for the A+E Networks Global Media Engineering team.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Serve as a primary Support Engineer – answering users' questions and escalating requests to other Engineering, technical , and operational teams as required .
• Troubleshoot complex technical issues and help resolve user questions about Engineering systems.
• Utilize the central incident management solution ( FreshService ) to efficiently manage first-level submitted tickets for Incidents , Changes , Service Requests , and Knowledge Management
• Respond to requests via the ticketing system and update tickets as appropriate ; communicate status, monitor , and follow up on all requests from submission to resolution.
• Document system workflows and dependencies to make support processes easy to follow and maintain .
• Identify software bugs and coordinate with engineering teams for full technical resolution.
• Identify feature gaps for customers and work with Engineering teams to explore feature requests and document use cases.
• Identify automation opportunities within the media space and help scope maintainable, software-based solutions that would alleviate common support requests.
• Develop systems and processes for documenting support requests, ensuring procedures within support teams are understood and followed and all user requests get a timely answer.
• Train end-users as needed to support deploying new systems, tools, and workflows.
• Assist in testing the latest system releases and updates to meet user needs.
• Serve as an escalation point to internal teams helping to identify and resolve complex, software-based issues involving multiple systems.
• 2+ years' experience working with technology, software, and media, such as video, audio, and various file types, in a technical support role . This experience should ideally be with an enterprise technology organization or a media company.
• Experience working directly with users to understand and resolve complex issues.
• Experience working with developers and software engineers.
• Basic knowledge of cloud computing and experience using tools from modern infrastructure providers, with a preference for familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Familiarity with Windows operating systems (both desktop and server), including the ability to perform administrative tasks like configuration and troubleshooting.
• Familiarity with enterprise-level Media Asset Management (MAM) or Digital Asset Management (DAM) systems.
• Basic knowledge of media-related high-speed file transfer orchestration tools.
• Familiarity with video production and post-production technologies.
• Knowledge of key components involved in storage systems, including Storage Area Networks (SAN), Network-Attached Storage (NAS), and archive systems such as Linear Tape-Open (LTO).
• Experience in creating and documenting test cases for quality assurance.
• Highly organized with great attention to detail and adherence to established procedures.
• Ability to prioritize and effectively address multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced work environment.
• Proactively resolves technical issues while functioning effectively within a support team structure.
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with other team members.
• Ability to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end-user procedures.
Hourly Pay Range: $34.12 - $45.00
Annual Incentive Target: 5%
The annual/hourly pay range displayed serves as a good faith estimate of the
minimum and maximum base pay range for this role. Compensation for the role will
be based on a number of different factors such as a candidate's qualifications, skills,
competencies, location, and experience. A+E offers a competitive total compensation
package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k matching, and a range of other benefits. Learn more at aenetworks.com/careers.
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A&E Television Networks, LLC is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmj22x-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.