THE DIVISION'S STORY
Do numbers tell you stories? Can you relay complex information into impactful insights to non-researchers? Do you enjoy influencing business decisions by providing fact-based recommendations infused with intuition?
Our Research & Insights TEAM is compromised of wizards who practice the craft of ''art and science.'' We spend some of our time looking back at performance-but even more time looking forward making actionable recommendations for growing our business. We specialize in content, audience and revenue insights across all platforms. Come check out our pioneering work in predictive modeling, performance marketing and consumers insights.
This individual is responsible for providing actionable insights to the Digital Content Licensing Distribution team with the goal of maximizing A+E subscribers across AVOD, SVOD, FAST Channels and other platforms. This individual will work with the Senior Director, Digital Licensing Research and Manager, Digital Licensing Research
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Provide critical analyses on our AVOD, SVOD, FAST Channels, and other partners to enhance our knowledge and understanding of the performance of our networks on their platforms.
• Develop talking points across all A+E brands and platforms.
• The ability to pull and analyze data from Nielsen, comScore, Rentrak, Omniture, and various AVOD/SVOD portals platforms is crucial to the success of this position.
• Use BI tools like Tableau to automate processing & disseminating the data in the most efficient manner
• Support distribution and digital content licensing with daily, weekly and monthly insights and analyses on key program performance as well as ad hoc requests.
• Evaluate network viewership by distributor and report of any trends impacting A+E Network's performance.
• Utilize data from syndicated research companies including SNL Kagan, eMarketer, Forrester, 7Park, Wurl, MRI GFK, etc.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
As the media industry grapples with fragmentation and disruption, a key facet of Research is to be the driving force in helping their company capture, report on, monetize, and understand audiences. An opportunity lies in Research to work across divisions and departments to create a unified language that ensures that internal clients understand-and take advantage of-complex metrics. The key is giving the necessary context so that decisions can be made. While this sounds disarmingly simple, it is a challenge to get the majority of the company to speak the same language and understand new vernacular. Research is a central force within the broader organization in gaining an objective perspective for a wide array of complex questions. It may sound academic – and certainly there is a portion of the job that requires a love of learning – but the primary attribute that will bring you success is curiosity. For example, you'll gain a deeper understanding of what motivates someone to tune into a show, buy a product based on placement of an ad, become a fan on social media, or why certain types of programs are successful across regions of this country and abroad. Ultimately, each research candidate gets a better understanding of the rigor that goes into making business decisions by uncovering not boulders, but pebbles along the path to connecting to A+E Networks core asset, its content.
YOUR STORY [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 4 yr. college graduate (degree in Math, Computer Science or Statistics preferred); Advanced Degree (MBA preferred)
• Solid expertise with at least one BI tool (Tableau, Domo, Power BI, etc.) and/or programming languages including SQL, Python, R, etc.
• Comfortable with large data sets: extracting, joining and manipulating data to provide strategic insights to the GSC Leadership Team
• High level of expertise in MS suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
• Working knowledge of media data and research systems related to linear TV, Digital, and other emerging platforms (preferred)
• 1-2 years of analytics experience
• Needs to be able to toggle between roles, projects and reporting systems.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb7vzx-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.