The majority of our employees will have flexibility that allows them to choose a predominantly remote, predominantly in-office, or hybrid setup. Our official in-office locations in the United States includes LA, NYC, Stamford, and Chicago, and we have several other states in which employees may work remotely if their role isn't one that requires them to be in or near the office. We value the health and safety of our people above all else, and our onsite attendance policies reflect that. If there is an on-site requirement for a role, it will be listed in the job description.
For those employees who would like to utilize our offices, full vaccination for COVID-19 is required for physical presence in A+E Networks workplaces. While A+E Networks will consider reasonable
accommodation requests regarding this policy in accordance with applicable law, such requests will not be considered until a conditional offer of employment is extended to a candidate. Applicants should not submit any medical or health information in connection with their application for employment.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Our global Legal and Business Affairs department believes in the promise and power of teamwork. When we work together as a cohesive unit – supporting, involving, appreciating and respecting each other – we can elevate our company, our clients, and ourselves. At A+E Networks, we have built and developed a culture based on the principles of effective communication, collaboration, accountability and trust. These guiding principles serve as our north star as we partner and strategize with other departments across the Company to help A+E Networks achieve its goals and stay at the forefront of a highly competitive, rapidly changing industry. If you share these values and want to learn more about who we are and what we do, consider joining our team.
A+E Networks has an amazing Analyst opportunity in New York City providing support to the Global Rights/Legal & Business Affairs department.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Analyst, Global Rights:
• Legal review and approval of rights bible deliverables and deal term entry into rights and contracts management databases. Perform data transfer of third-party licensor rights information from rights bible submission portal to rights management database system and set up contract records accordingly.
• Research use of public domain materials and perform initial risk assessment as to acceptability of non-standard licenses and releases. Flag fair use elements and present to production risk counsel for final review and sign-off.
• Counsel producers on how to cure deficient third-party licenses and coordinate with internal programming executives and other various business units to establish whether rights waivers should be granted.
• Analyze all forms of programming agreements to determine exploitation rights (i.e., media rights, term, territories, and broadcast restrictions) contained therein for entry into the rights management database.
• Advise on asset availability to various internal stakeholders, create and maintain customized reports, etc.
• Identify and troubleshoot rights flow issues between systems that impact scheduling, sales, and international.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to provide critical Global Rights solutions among internal stakeholders including Programming, Digital Production, International Sales, and Scheduling for programming and promotional assets to be used in all forms of advanced media and distribution initiatives including OTT, VOD, and TV Everywhere (TVE). Perform detailed legal review and analysis of third-party licenses and programming agreements while providing counsel to internal stakeholders and external producers regarding an evolving media rights landscape. Ensure accurate and timely review and approval of legal deliverables. Perform risk assessment on non-standard license terms and consult with production risk counsel on potential fair use and copyright claims. Analyze programming agreements for entry into Rights Management database. Communicate asset availability to various internal stakeholders. Support various departmental initiatives including data integrity and quality control, early producer engagement and outreach regarding licensing standards and Network legal deliverables process, and provision of rights information on all types of distribution.
• BA/BS Degree.
• Minimum of one-year experience in analyzing third party licenses (music, stills, stock footage) and various forms of programming and distribution agreements.
• Legal knowledge of linear and multiplatform distribution rights.
• Understanding of music copyright licensing and the required documentation based on usage type within programming, including the identification of controlled portions of compositions/fees.
• Must have media rights database experience. Specific experience working in Jaguar System 7 Universal Rights Management and/or FilmTrack rights tracking software is a plus.
• There is a high level of decision-making in this position and a high level of productivity and accuracy expected, as is an ability and willingness to work within a team environment.
• The position is client-facing and service-oriented, so excellent interpersonal and written communication skills are essential.
• Prior experience working at a broadcast or cable network, film studio, television distribution company, entertainment law firm, or comparable business specializing in entertainment/media transactions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkzy98-34-231-247-88-42 in your application.