- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionWTAE-TV, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, PA is recruiting college students for our 12-week paid internship program, which provides a hands-on professional learning experience, with an emphasis on TV News Producing. The WTAE Internship Program is administered through in-person training and shadowing of news producers, group meetings, and video conference calls.
WTAE-TV is Pittsburgh's Action News 4. The Pittsburgh's Action News team brings live updates from all of Pittsburgh's communities, in-depth coverage of issues that matter most to viewers, and works to take action for viewers and hold public officials accountable.
Interns are introduced to every aspect of news operation, including but not limited to; news producing, digital content creation, assignment desk operations, news photography, news editing, and broadcast production. Interns work closely with assignment desk editors and producers with the goal of newsgathering, producing, writing, and presenting news content.
Ambitious, reliable, and enthusiastic college students should have some classroom experience in broadcast journalism, and preferably some knowledge of a television newsroom.
• Excellent communication, organizational, and writing skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Desire to learn new skills and how a newscast comes together from the ground up
• Strong critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to demonstrate good judgment, resourcefulness, confidence
• Possess a positive, professional attitude
• Possess the ability to pay close attention to detail
• Willingness to work different times of day
Fall 2023 Internship Program Dates
Application Deadline: June 19, 2023
Session: Sept. 11 to December 8, 2023
Weekly Workload: 16-24 hours each week
Students must have junior, senior or graduate studies level status to apply.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwojvk-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.